1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

claybar job tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by galaxee, Mar 2, 2006.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol: :lol:

solute: WIN 55,212-2. a cannabinoid agonist. it's an aminoalkylindole- very hydrophobic.

i found this route by running into a paper where someone did the same assay with good results, then looking up the chemical info sheet to see just how much i could put into a mL of DMSO. i think it'll work out fine. will find out monday, my building access card hasn't come in yet so i'm not there on the weekends.

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hmmm a cannabinoid, eh? I recommend a fume hood. Or not, whatever!

Sorry, my experience is with ethylenes, various alkanes and alkenes, and cycloalkanes. Also some fairly disgusting and smelly slurries. Yer on yer own, kid.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's a solid, smartass :lol:

the curve turned out just perfect- beautiful sigmoidal dose-response. but i think storing it is screwing up my highest concentration agonist. arg. well at least i have a handle on what to do next. that's the important thing.

and damnit, i have to RE ZAINO the car. i wanted to try something else but we're too broke this month. priusenvy went and gave me the ok to stick with zaino ;) the car is collecting so much dust with the stuff the detailers put on it, ick! and it's almost pollen season so i gotta get a move on.

sigh... guess it's something to do while DH is gone again next week... :(

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ah, but with proper heating you could expect some fumes.

"Getting ... dizzy ... must ... concentrate .... oh wow, good beaker man!"

Trust me on this: once DH and you "make it" your house will have a nice attached garage - or the condo will have climate controlled underground parking - and you won't have to worry about that anymore.

Just be patient.

And try not to "sample" too much of your lab work. You could develop a fierce case of the munchies!

:rolleyes: