1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio - Front installed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Freedom, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I ordered my Clazzio seat covers at TGB4 - 2. Hadn't realized that meant they would arrive during COLD weather. Been waiting about a month for a good day. Today was that day, and I have done the front, WOO HOO!!! Took me 2 hours. That includes about 10 minutes when I had my arm stuck under the driver's seat, between the seat and the bar you lift to move the whole thing forward and back; neighbor had to come help me get unstuck. Ah, the things I encounter! Anyway, here are some before and after photos.

Before - view of Driver side. My old seat cover, purchased when I bought Camine, was in dire need of replacement.
    [​IMG]

Seat under that.
    [​IMG]

Before - Passenger side, car seat on top of old seat cover.
    [​IMG]

Lot of sand collects, and we haven't even been to the beach! That is just from walking the streets with all the sand edges (we have no sidewalks) plus all the sand -- and salt -- they had to put down for all the snow. I'm not sure how to prevent this going through the perforated portion of the Clazzio's, down to the original cloth seat.
    [​IMG]

Cloth seat. Also, notice I have the console cover. I have put that on again over the Classio for 2 reasons: I find the console too low for me for an arm rest, and one of my dogs enjoys sitting there (not when the car is moving).
    [​IMG]

These are the clips which hold the seat bottom in place. Once I figured THAT out, the rest went well.

[​IMG]

2. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Two hours later, front is complete! View from Passenger side;
    [​IMG]

Of course, the car seat had to go back in.
    [​IMG]

View from driver's side:
    [​IMG]

Close up of the detail:
    [​IMG]

VERY glad I did not know what is involved in putting these on; I'd never had bought them. I really like the new look! Now to read (and re-read) the back seat instructions, watch some youtube vids, and work on that. Another day, it is cold out there again!

Rear finally completed Mar 31: Finally! Clazzio Rear Seat Covers IN! | PriusChat

#2 Freedom, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  3. M in KC

M in KC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You're on your way!

4. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Thanks for the pictures! Were u able to take any of the install process?

5. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, sorry, I didn't take photos as I went along. I had enough to do concentrating! LOL It is snowing again, so I won't be tackling the rear any time soon.