1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio leather seat cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cossie1600, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Installing the cover on the back seat was a piece of cake, getting the backseat out was a PITA! I also broke the clips while removing the rear seats.

Where did you get the clips for $4.00? My stealership told me they were $14.00 each! I told him no thanks... They still have not been replaced, but I haven't noticed any rattling and the seats haven't jumped out of the rear of the car...

I had contacted Clazzio and requested swatches of the different colors and materials, the Ivory is not a perfect match, but it seemed to blend better than the other colors. Ivory is a custom order anyway, so I went ahead and get the black stitching being as it would take the same amount of time to ship. I think it adds a nice subtle touch.

Anyone regretting not spending the extra $2K on a IV just to get leather, these are well worth the money, and if PC is going to sponsor a Group Buy, this would be the perfect opportunity to snag a set!

2. danvee

danvee Blizzard Brigadier

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Paul!

I'll have to lay in a supply of clips.....
    Any tricks to the removal of the lower back seat?

FWIW, I did get some swatches from Clazzio. If it would do any good I'll scan and post them. Allowing for calibration, one of them is a true black, so the rest should fall into place.

3. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for thinking about posting pics of the swatches. :D

4. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They just came in this morning's mail. Only took about a month to get.:eek:
    May be better than nothing......in person there's a larger difference between the beige and the ivory.

[​IMG]

5. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    danvee, I checked Japanese Clazzio website. In their color description, it says, "Tan Beige". I think that's why it's a little bit darker than original Beige.

6. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great post.:) Now, Danny...please get us a Great group buy !!!!
    :cheer2:
    Charlie

7. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The bad part is that neither of 'em really match the Bisque. Taking the swatches out to my interior in good sunlight, tonally, the Light Gray is a better match, but........
    I might have to opt for the black so the seats at least match the dash, and then have door inserts done to match. Might be an interesting 2-tone effect.
    I'm starting to regret that I went for the Bisque....

Oh Well :confused:

8. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I thought the same thing while holding the small swatchs of material against the bisque seats and door panels, but once the seatcovers are installed and the majority of the interior is now ivory, it does not look bad at all. I have many people ask if it's factory leather and they are amazed that they are seatcovers and even more amazed when they hear I installed them myself! Not sure how I should take the later...

9. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Paul, your install looks really good. You should take that as a compliment.:)

I guess it's the vagaries of digital photography and light reflection.

In your photos the seat base trim appears to be darker than the Ivory as is the center console vs. the armrest.
    In reality, in daylight, the Ivory is more than a bit darker (and a bit more yellow) than the existing plastics.
    I guess that's where MY problem is-the photos can't/don't represent what you actually see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I might need to trek out to California to see them in person.:rolleyes:

10. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The top picture is probably the more accurate representation of the true color of the ivory seat covers. You are correct, they are not an exact match. The point I was trying to make was that after the seat covers are installed, they become the prominent color and the trim is secondary. Visually, they look like they belong in the vehicle, and don't come off as aftermarket seatcovers. It's really hard to explain, and you'd almost have to see them installed in person to see what I mean.

Having said that, the same effect would occur no matter what color you chose, so if you went with all black, or black with ivory stitching, that would then become the main focal point of the interior and the most prominent color, so the remaining exposed trim would merely be accents... Does this make sense?

11. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    danvee, I'm in same boat. I don't like bisque much. It looks bit yellowish, especially on the dashboard. I'd like to see if anyone tried grey or light grey on bisque.

12. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It makes total sense- I completely agree, Paul!

My only question was that the photos show the leather as being significantly lighter than the trim, whereas the swatch is, in reality, significantly darker.:confused:

I know that a perfect match is very unlikely. I'm just trying to figure out why the photos don't reflect what I see with my own eyes in broad daylight.

I wonder how the OEM leather from a IV would photograph under the same circumstances.

My thinking is: if you can't get a "perfect" factory match, maybe going for contrast is the way to go.

13. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi PAS (if I may call you that)!

If you print out the image of the samples and take it out to your car in daylight, you may be surprised.
    Although totally wrong in color, the Light Gray matches (in tone) better than either the Beige or the Ivory.:eek:

Remember, our headliner and pillar posts are all light grey- no matter what color or material your interior is. The only difference is that, in the IV or V, the pillars are "mouse fur", and in the I II and III they are hard vinyl.

The Black would at least match the dash top. Just trying to figure out a way to tie everything together.

14. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Don't forget the floor mats as well, so black seatcovers would "fill" the gap between the black dash and black floor mats... If you went with black, however, you'd almost have to get black panels for the doors to complete the eclectic look you'd have!

15. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Exactly!
    (I forgot about the mats...:brick:)
    I'll have to see what the cost would be to cover the 4 door inserts.

16. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm going for black!

17. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you can wait for a custom set, go for the ivory stitching, I think that would look good and really blend the black and bisque!

18. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG]

I'm looking for something like this.

19. danvee

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That looks great!

It's apparently the Misty Gray interior, as it has the Dark Gray inserts on the doors, which appear to be the original cloth (and the dark door handle bezels).
    Those of us with the Bisque interior will have the Bisque bezels. :eek:
    Interesting rear floormats, too.:cool:

20. a1rjumpman23

a1rjumpman23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hopefully this group buy goes through hahah