1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio leather seat cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cossie1600, Dec 10, 2009.

1. blake918

blake918 Blizzard Brigade #23

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks! Wow, yours is really cool! I like the contrast too! It looks like you did a really fine job on the install too. ;)

Thanks US! Any tips? Patience is the key. The front seats are a piece of cake. I found the rears to be a major PITA, especially the right rear seat back. I had no trouble removing the rear seat bottom; I didn't break any of the clips. I just felt around under the seat and yanked right by the clip, and out she came. I'd taken the back seat out of my Lexus before (which attaches the exact same way), so I've had practice. I didn't put seat heaters in. It doesn't get cold enough here for them. Yeah, and like PAS, your hands will be hurting when you're done, but it's worth it--it completely transforms the interior. B)

2. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great! Was one clip on each side and a hook in the rear middle of the lower seat?

3. blake918

blake918 Blizzard Brigade #23

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are two clips and two hooks. The clips are in the middle front of the seat, and the hooks are in the rear (also in the middle if memory serves) where the seat back and seat bottom meet. I put one hand on each side of a clip, popped it loose, did the same thing on the second clip, lift up and to the back, and it was done.

4. PriusII

PriusII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any update on the group buy from Danny?

5. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i dont know if this will help or not, but trdsparks i believe is still selling the leather set for $390 including shipping. it isnt advertised online, but email Tim and he should be able to help.

2 people like this.
  6. zero610

zero610 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone do light gray with dark gray stitching? Theoretically, it sounds like it would tie the two tone interior together nicely but I could be wrong...

7. LJW

LJW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Got mine from trdsparks, they arrived in a couple of days (I'm in Northern California). Dark gray. They're a perfect match for the interior colors, and look really beautiful. Installation was relatively easy, although the printed instructions that come with it could be a little more detailed.
    The toughest part is to get the rear armrest to look OK. Took about 2 1/2 hours, and I couldn't be more pleased.

8. Kennewick Man

Kennewick Man Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    YES.....................:biggrin1:

9. PriusII

PriusII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks again for posting this. They are still honoring the $390 price so I ordered a set today.

10. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    glad to hear they are still offering a great price. i see your in norcal too. i believe they drop ship from the location in socal, so it will only take a couple of days for it to arrive once it ships. it will be great once they are installed.

11. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  12. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Very nice. Do they have it listed on their website or did you order it custom?

13. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That looks fabulous! Tremendous improvement over the originals!

Any tips? Special sprays? Words of wisdom? Did you use xs650s sharp wood chisel technique?

14. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you. You have to ask them for Clazzio PVC material. They will send you a paypal link to make a payment.

15. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you! I didn't like a bisque color interior at first, but now, I think the color is best much for black leather.

I did a lots research, and I found these link;

How To: Recover Door Panel Inserts - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

I used pretty much same tools on the first link. I used a sculpting wood curving tool to take rivets off from door panel instead of melting them. That process took most of time.

The most difficult part of installing PVC material is on the corner of insert. On the second link shows how to trim the material. By trimming the material to the original cloth on insert makes fit it right.

This mods takes a time and patience, it took me a couple hours on an each insert.

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  16. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Clearly the key word is patience. Plus, you left the original cloth on, right? No extra padding?

Again, it's folks like you that make priuschat, and the Prius itself, such a rewarding experience :hail:

17. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  18. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Come now. Play nice! That's one of your Fatherland's finest!

'Actually, I thought it was a professional working on a customer's wheels. Or maybe it was a demo rescued from a scrap yard. :D

19. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks:redface: I left the original cloth, I installed PVC over it. Therefore, there's a little bit gap around door lever area, it's not noticeable.

20. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, that corner looks awfully tight--not even the stretch-and-cut technique demonstrated on the youtube clip works, eh?

Last question... did you use the hot glue or xs650's sheet metal screw approach to reattach the panel? Again, obligado.