1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio leather seat cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cossie1600, Dec 10, 2009.

1. priusartstudio

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The youtube works, maybe you want to try to cut it off little by little. If you cut too much, it creates wrinkle and you can't go back. You have only one shot.

I only used wood curving tool which looks similar to this;

Buy SCULPTURE HOUSE Woodcarving Tools | Online Discount Art Supply Store

and I used a hot glue gun to put it back on.

Finally, take your time, don't rush, good luck. :cheer2:

1 person likes this.
  2. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, thank you. Now I have no excuses... other than dear wife's projects :(

3. Prius-it

Prius-it Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So....I just bought a 2011 Prius with Dark Gray interior. Can anyone confirm if color Gray Clazzio cover would blend well?

4. Fussion101

Fussion101 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm thinking about going with clazzio too.

I have a dark gray interior and was wondering if anyone has pictures of the light gray covers in a dark gray interior.
    I want to light up the interior a bit.

5. MTN_VIEW

MTN_VIEW New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered my Clazzio seat covers today for $390 from Sparks Toyota (trdsparks). I called, Tim answered and told me they are still offering the $390 price but to order online. In the comments section of the online order, I wrote that Tim said the sale price was still available. I paid by Paypal the full amount ($450) then was promptly refunded $60 by Sparks Toyota. I ordered gray seats with gray stitching for my dark grey interior. Boring but safe.

SurfersPrius and manny13 like this.
  6. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i also got the same color combo from them, grey with grey stitching... it was definitely the safe way to go. it looks completely stock and i am happy

7. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Same here, grey on grey with matched stitching. Amazing stitch and fit quality! the Japanese folks produce some fine quality products!! The grey color is a nice dark grey and has a nice contrast with my two tone misty gray interior, it all looks completely stock. The only difference is that I paid around $250 shipped (snagged them on eBay) for mine (it's the fake leather/PVC version) but I still love them to death with no worries should scruffy dog and/or kid try to scratch them up!

8. zero610

zero610 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can one of you post a picture with the gray covers (with an original misty gray interior)? Thanks.

9. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's a couple of pics I took today with my iPhone. I have the misty gray interior. For some reason the color of the seat covers look a bit brown using my camera phone, but rest assure its a nice dark grey.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  10. MTN_VIEW

MTN_VIEW New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Seat covers arrived in 3 days. Installed a week later. Here are comments on installation process:

Front seats:
    Not much of a problem, no seat removal, so start in the front and you'll feel emboldened to conquer the back seat.

Rear seat BENCH:
    The only seat that is removed is the rear seat bench and, as mentioned in other threads, there is a technique to pull it up. There are two hooks on the front side of the bench. They are on the underside, about 10" in from the side. Feel on the floor of the car until you find a slight protrusion and that is where the hooks are up on the bench. Put your fingers around the area of the hooks as best you can and YANK up on the bench. Do not pull up but YANK up. The hooks will be wrenched from their plastic clips. Some people report the clips breaking but replacements can be bought so don't sweat if it happens to you.

Rear seat BACK:
    1) When you pull cover down over seat back, make sure from the beginning the zipper is aligned with the edge of the seat because it's hard to twist it once the cover is on (front seat is easier to twist and adjust).
    2) Instructions say to remove the seat belt positioners at the top of the seat back but it wasn't necessary, the pre-cut holes in the cover will stretch over them.
    3) The middle seat belt gets unbolted from the bench area so it can be threaded through the cover (not necessary for left and right belts). You may need a torque wrench. In our case it was bolted on VERY tight and nothing but a torque wrench would do the job.
    4) Center console is indeed snugger than before the covers, as reported as others. Suggestion: leave it down with a glass of champagne in there, in line with your new luxurious interior.
    5) This may be more preparation than it's worth but .... there are velcro strips that cling to the cloth of the rear seat back as you try to pull on the cover that is already skin tight. You might put a strip of velcro over those strips for when you are pulling the cover on, then remove the added velcro when the cover is in place (I wish I had done it).

Last but not least, the front console. As some have mentioned, the very front of the cover does not seal well with the console. It seems like the designer of the seats had a lot of good ideas for how to make the seats look factory installed but couldn't think of a good solution for this.

It's dark now and I haven't taken a spin in my pimped out Prius but I'll let know you whether it was worth all the effort. I'll take photos and post them when I get a chance.

11. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Very helpful tips! Here's a few tips to add to yours based on my installation experience:

3) The metal bracket where the middle seat belt is connected to, make sure you are unbolting the screw that secures the metal bracket to the metal body of the car, NOT the other bolt that secures the seat belt to the metal bracket. From my experience, unbolting the screw from the metal body did not require a torque wrench for me to complete this task.

5) That's a very GOOD tip! And same goes for the front seats, the velcro that comes with the Clazzios can really grab and mess up the cloth on your factory seats, I covered mine with painters tape.

Also, you WILL save time if you use the tuck tool (the black plastic knife looking thing that came with the kit), I was stubborn and tried to push everything with my fingers.

SurfersPrius likes this.
  12. MTN_VIEW

MTN_VIEW New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Very good point. I ended up using my fingers too (it was getting dark and I couldn't find the tool and wanted to get the job done) and now have mangled fingers to show for it.

Also, I wanted to mention when yanking up the rear seat bench, you yank up one side at a time, not the whole bench at once.

So I've been out and about in the car this morning. The chemical smell from the PVC is strong (the covers are the leather version but as I understand it they are mostly PVC), hopefully that smell wears off. The rear console really is not a great fit but perhaps when the weather gets warmer we can stretch to a better fit. All in all, without a doubt, the car looks 100% better than before.

My only gripe is that Toyota used such cheap material for the cloth seats in the first place!

13. MTN_VIEW

MTN_VIEW New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And here are the photos ....

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  14. PriusII

PriusII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's another tip to add to the list:

When re-installing the bench seat, use some lubricant (grease, vasaline, or anything that is slippery) on the hooks underneath the seat. With the lubricant, I was able to push the hooks back into the plastic anchors. It didn't budge without it for me.

15. a1rjumpman23

a1rjumpman23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just caved in and bought the black leather set with those heated pads! =D

16. longhaul

longhaul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had mine for about a year & would not think twice about putting them on again, they are great. As far as cold weather I live in north Ill. & as fast as the Prius warmes up it is not a problem. The only thing I can say if u have not installed seat covers before try to find someone who has & take your time.

17. Paulix

Paulix Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Could someone post pics from cargo area, behind the rear seats? How are the covers fitted there? Does it look like a factory install or some aftermarket cheap covers strapped over seats!?

18. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Once installed everything should fit snug and you shouldn't realize they are covers. They really do look like factory seats. No straps or hooks or clips are visible at all.
    When doing the install yourself, set aside a good 4-5 hours (or 1/2 day). Doing it a second time wouldn't take more than 1-2 hrs. I've had mine for almost 2 years and they still look and fit great.

19. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What did u guys do about the door panels? Leave them factory? Or does clazzio make them for the door panels also?

20. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did this happen yet?