1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio PVC Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by JM05, Feb 5, 2018.

1. JM05

JM05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone installed the Clazzio PVC Seat Covers in their Gen3?? See several posts regarding the leather covers but am looking for some input on the PVC ones. Are these similar to the Softex? How do they hold up? Are they cooler than the leather covers?

Debating whether to do the PVC or the leather. This car will be outside all the time and wondering how I'm going to like these once the hot summer rolls around in TX.

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have leather Clazzios and no complaints at all. I'd be very worried about PVC in the heat. Synthetic material tends to flake and peel after a short time. Genuine leather is always the way to go.

3. JM05

JM05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I thought about and it just went ahead and ordered the leather ones. :D

4. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    For the record, I installed the PVC covers in our 2010 and they look and feel great. Not sure if they are similar to Softex though. However, I dare say I like them better than the leather in our Hyundai Elantra GT. This may be because the PVC Clazzio's have a bit of extra 'padding' that makes them pretty comfortable. Not sure if the leather Clazzio's also have this.

Now debating PVC vs leather Clazzio for our recently acquired Prius v (wagon).

Wing Man Lam likes this.
  5. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What color do you guys have?

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  7. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have installed black PVC Clazzio covers over 2 years ago and they still look new. Car sits outside in the Southern California sun year-round and there’s no discoloration or peeling. The leather version still has PVC outer bolsters and backings, only the center portions are leather. In my opinion, they are better than the Softex, as mentioned above, the extra padding is nice and adds a lot of comfort. They’re just as easy to clean... just plain water & a microfiber cloth. No leather conditioners needed.

8. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    This is my experience...however, they survived the cold Minnesota winter...which can cause cracking, etc...in cheap PVC materials. I'm happy to say that mine also look like new after nearly three years.

orenji likes this.
  9. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    DM me if anyone wants pricing :)

quantumy likes this.
  10. kdewester

kdewester Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I love ours! We have the PVC. They were a bit of an ordeal to install, but overall they are holding up great a few years later! I have noticed a small area of flaking where our large dogs nails have worn them buts it’s very hard to notice.

orenji likes this.
  11. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Glad you like them, Clazzio has actually switched to even better PVC, which should hold up even better over the years.

James Powers likes this.