1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio Seat Cover Color opinions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by csp1971, Oct 3, 2013.

1. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm thinking seriously about some leather Clazzio seat covers. I have the samples that I have been looking at but I'm not completely sure which color to get.

I have a silver Prius with a light gray interior, black carpet, and black dash. The Clazzio light gray doesn't exactly match the interior but that's probably not too big of a deal. Would all black covers look good, or would that be too much black? First world problems.....

2. DEErin

DEErin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Someone just posted as of 10-03-13 clazzio no longer doing business.

3. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's one website, clazziocovers, that isn't selling them any longer, or so I have read. There are other sites out there that still sell them. Clazzio is one of them.

4. Steve terry

Steve terry Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Go to the dealer and look at cars like yours and see what colors they have in them. Thinking about getting me some too. Cloth seats seem to attract dirt.

5. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good idea. That light gray gets dirty quickly, especially with kids.

6. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, finally bought some from Clazzio.com and installed them. Black and dark gray to go over the light gray seats. Ended up looking really good.

Installation on the front seats is pretty easy. Installation on the back seats is a little more time consuming but it ends up looking great. Hard to believe they are seat covers. If you get them do not lose the Clazzio tool that they send you. I misplaced it and the back seat ended up being harder to tuck the material than it would have been with the tool. I had other plastic objects that I thought would compare, but none did as well as their included one.

10614735874_e33949c0a9_z.jpg 10614759486_933e9d9a24_z.jpg 10614760314_1450d53998_z.jpg 10614752256_2434efd602_z.jpg 10614753884_4bf277e13b_z.jpg

DEErin, DAMNinic and JoeS like this.
  7. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    These are the PVC outer with leather inserts, right? Did you do leather inserts on back too? Is it an option to do leather inserts in front only? That might look like a mismatch though? What did your Clazzio package cost with shipping?

Which floor mats are those (nice) and where did you get them? cost?

Thanks for the pictures.
    It looks like it was harder to get as good a tight stretched fit on the back covers. Do you notice it much in day to day life?

8. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Correct, they are all PVC outer with leather middle(the dark gray). Leather is on the front seats and the back seats.

It all comes as a set, you would have to talk to the guys at clazzio.com to see if they can mix and match.

The colors are black and dark gray. The original seat color is light gray. Comparing the colors I was sent, their light gray was not very close to my light gray so I went with the dark gray which I think looks really good in the car. Either way though, it protects my cloth from dirt and my kids so I can't complain too much.

The floor mats I picked up from autoanything.com are husky liners. Those were on sale for around $85 last month so I picked up the set for front and back. They are great! I also bought the husky cargo liner from for the back of the car as well, it was $85 at the time too. Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners - Best Prices & Reviews on Husky Weather Beater Floor Mats

The back seat was a rough install. It is really tight though, not drum, but it isn't at all loose. (the leather in the middle has foam under it and it is so tight it bumps out a bit) I tugged, pulled and cursed quite a bit. I could probably work on it a bit more, but it's good enough for me. Remember these are seat covers and they aren't without flaw and aren't completely perfect.

I paid 529 shipped (single leather color is 429 I believe). You can usually get a $20 promo on their site when you order. If you hate your cloth seats, these are the only way to go for a great looking cover at a very reasonable price!

9. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh yeah, those imprints at the bottom of my back seats are from the kids' car seats.

10. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Our reason for wanting leather is because coffee gets spilled occasionally by my better half, as this is her commute car and we have two small white shedding dogs. WOuld you think that liquid spills, especially hot coffee would penetrate the perforated leather into the Clazzio foam backing (seat cushion bottom)? If so either topass thru to the OEM cloth below, or just make for wet foam under leather for some time?

We may need to go all PVC for spill protection.

I understand frustration of working a looong time and getting to a point of, I can live with 'x' not exactly perfect. Was the mild puckering around back seat head rest mounts one of these 'x' decision factors? :cautious:

How did the center console cover come out. Some pictures I've seen, it does not look as (OEM) good like especially the front seats turn out. Like uneven seam lines or what ever.

Thanks

11. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Kids..... Oh, so real world spill experience may be part of your sue of these seats. Did you have any concerns on the spill issue before selecting the perforated leather?

12. csp1971

csp1971 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Honestly, I think if you spill an entire coke on the seat, it's going to run more down the seat and into the back part of the seat and under the seat. Drips and spills are pretty unpredictable as to where and how they will end up.

It's pretty tight up on the backseat where the headrests are. They may stretch more over time and probably not look like that. I'll take a look this weekend and see if it was my laziness or just the way it is. I think the all black PVC would have been just as good in the car (the leather has a 3 year warranty though instead of 1 year like the PVC). My wife has a Camry Hybrid and I'm going to get some Clazzios for her's next year since she was really impressed with what I put in my car.

I'll take some pics of the center console this weekend. It isn't the "best" that I would have liked, but honestly, it fits over pretty darn good and the cloth won't get all filthy. I don't like how the front is because you can still see the light gray a little bit but the picture will tell the story though.

13. davekro

davekro Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the info. Was it your understanding that with the all PVC covers, the center patches were still perforated? I kept thinking that PVC was all smooth, even in center piece.