1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clazzio Seat Covers disappointment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by PriusGuy32, Jan 29, 2015.

1. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I ordered my PVC Clazzios 2 winters ago and installed them at the same time with the heated seat kits.

First off, I just wanted to post this for future Clazzio potential purchasers: the heat seat kits they sell SUCK. I didnt know this... well, I kinda did. At first I thought I had received a defective heated seat. I called, they sent me a new one. I installed it and it was the same (slow to heat - actually, REALLY slow to heat up). Finally, last week I *think* it stopped working all together on the drivers side. I went on Amazon and found the heated seat kit with the highest reviews, which happened to be a DORMAN brand heated seat kit. Bought it, and installed it today - I can NOT believe the difference in quality and heat: the Dorman is a complete furnace. It heats QUICK and evenly. It is very much just like factory heated seats! It puts the heated seats that come with Clazzio seat covers to complete and utter shame.

Secondly, after replacing my heated seat pads today, I noticed the bottom piece of my Clazzio (the butt piece) has 2 big cracks in the PVC already :eek: I am not fat by any means, and I do not abuse the seats in any form. I have cleaned them exactly as the instructions advised several times.

After just two years of use, I am NOT impressed. Not the quality (heated seat or covers BUT especially the seat covers!) that I had expected and had read about. I just wanted to create this thread to share my experience. Anybody know the warranty on Clazzio seat covers? :mad:

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the information on the seat covers. I was considering these to protect my cloth seats, but will now have a rethink.
    As I am sure your aware the heat output of the seat warmers is directly related to the current (amps) used so do check that the wiring used is safely capable of carrying the extra load.

John (Britprius)

3. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    John- I (so far) recommend the Dorman kit highly. It is truly the closest thing to an OEM heated seat that I have experienced since I had OEM heated seats, lol.

The amp draw of the carbon-fiber seats was low, which I suspect was also the reason they sucked. The Dorman kit comes with wiring harnesses and associated hardware.

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks PG. The problem I may have is I do not think the Dorman kit is available in the UK, and shipping costs from the US are unbelievable. This is strange when we can get something from China or Japan in a few days at little or no cost.
    At the moment I am sitting on the fence on changing the Prius for a Lexus CT200H SE L. In the UK I can pick up a 2012 80,000 mile for £8000 ($12800). This is all singing all dancing with heated leather electrically controlled seats. The Lexus uses the gen3 1.8 engine and transmission.

John (Britprius)