1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cleaning bus bars

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by avoice217, Oct 31, 2023.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No influence on reconditioning...

Basically, an EV button on a Gen2 with a really old OEM pack will drain it down to one bar in a very short distance... However, an aftermarket Lithium pack could significantly increase that range. Of course a hybrid car is not an EV and it's designed to use both a gas engine and electrical motor in ways that compliment each other. This is not one of them.

#61 PriusCamper, Apr 13, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  2. avoice217

avoice217 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys, so the current update is that I've been waiting just over a month to get my hybrid battery pack replaced and there's been no updates. So I called the hq to find out what the situation is. Hopefully they will email me back by Friday to get me an update on what's going on. Hopefully their employees aren't sitting on their butts just wasting company time while us the customers have to wait for our hybrid batteries because this is becoming really ridiculous. I've already been given 2 push back dates because their Ontario, CA warehouse won't give any updates. What I didn't know at first was that Toyota decided to invest a billion in their new hq in Plano. Why they had to waste that much $$ is beyond me when it doesn't seem to be another warehouse at the property.