1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cleaning passenger retractible cup holder

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by David L Fike, Jan 1, 2017.

1. David L Fike

David L Fike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Any suggestions on removing front passenger retractible cup holder so that I could clean and lubricate. The wife spilled coffee and the cup holder hardly comes out when pushed. There seems to be absolutely no info on this cup holder or its removal. Thank you, Dave.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Try looking for info on installing something behind the radio (e.g. smartphone mirroring function or adding an RCA input for DVD/USB movie playback). Sometimes it requires disassembly on the passenger side so there may be pictures to help you.

3. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If you're talking about the cup holder in the dash panel, then I might be able to help. My wife spilled cola on it and it eventually got so gummy that it would not extend all the way on its own. Here is what I did:
    1. Open upper storage compartment
    2. Open lower storage compartment (some call it the glove box.. but who drives with gloves anymore)
    3. Remove extension damper from lower compartment drawer
    a. When fully extended, gently slide it off the pin on the drawer. It will come off fairly easily
    4. Let lower drawer open fully to the floor
    5. This step may be omitted but I found things a bit easier if I didn't omit it
    a. Remove thin panel to the right of the lower storage compartment. It will pull straight out. It will require a bit of a struggle.
    6. Remove dash piece that contains cup holder. It too will pull straight out. A bit of force will be necessary, but it snaps out
    7. Remove cup holder from dash piece by removing screws holding it on.

Clean the cup holder any way you want. I added a touch of moly grease just to keep thing smooth. You only need to use a tiny bit (dab) of grease... dont overdo it.

Reinstall in reverse order.

bat4255 likes this.