1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear bra installed! 3m Ventureshield

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priusCpilot, Mar 30, 2012.

1. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just did it on the C it ran me about $1500. Primer Protective Films in Orange. It was done very nice I must admit. 4 guys took 12 hours to do my full hood, full front bummer and all the front lights and fog lights. mirrors, fenders and rear corners at the fender wells plus I also did the A pillar. I drove so carefully to wait 3 weeks for my appointment. Two other members what have Prius plug ins are getting theirs done today as well. Thank god I had no real chips so applying it now will save me from getting any. I had to drive doing some very protective driving for over 1k miles just to avoid any chips. Finally can let people cut me off without me hitting the break HARD to avoid chips. I go so good at sensing dickheads before they cut me off which is how I was able to avoid the chips before the install among other counter measures. I can now rest easy!

2. zebelkhan

zebelkhan Member in good standing

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Post some pictures...

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a 3M clear bra installed on my Honda Fit and approaching 2 years? I'm glad I did. The hood looks very good.

However, I learned the hard way it's not perfect. A "Rodan" size amount of bird dung got on the Clear Bra, which I quickly cleaned off...unfortunately I found that the 3M material can haze and cloud, depending on the chemical make-up of such "dung".

It was removable, but it took a professional with a buffer. It may of faded on it's own in time if I had just waited.

But just a heads up. Don't be too cocky. I think 3M clear bra is a great product, but it's not a total magic bullet. I removed the bird dung A.S.A.P. and it still hazed. Infact, it hazed on the 3M material, and NOT the unprotected finish.

4. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you sure it was 3M Ventureshield?

I had Premier NorCal do my Prius and they used Prestige ClearGuardX.

Prestige ClearGuard - Prestige Film Technologies

Personally, I am finding Prestige to be a much better film than the 3M Ventureshield Ultra product. Did you specifically request Ventureshield?

Good choice on the installer though. Premier is definitely one of, if not the best clear bra installer nationwide.

5. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yup it was Premier in Orange and yea looking over past work they are way up there when it comes to this line of work.

About the bra, yea some swore by nano fusion and others some swore by other brands and Premier is using Ventureshield and I forgot why they felt over all this was the best. I can't arrange it's a great product and one that they used on million dollar cars I saw like Vyrons and Mclaren F1 and Enzos among other exotic. They did them all full wrap with Ventureshield.

6. priusCpilot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

I sure will once I can wash it which takes about a week for it to first cure.

7. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i'm still waiting to get my car done.. and despite careful driving.. i've gotten about 5-7 little nicks in the paint on my front bumper.. :(

just hoping i get mine done soon so i can be slightly more assertive on the highway.

8. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I would recommend fixing the paint nicks prior to installing XPEL or the clear paint protector. You will be much happier in the long run. :)

9. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    well, the best i can do is touch the paint up.. i won't be able to get it to 100%... but with some patience, some compound, clay, wax, etc... i can get it to about 90% better at least.

still waiting, but hopefully.. hopefully soon... buddy of mine is in preparations to set up shop.

10. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I paid $550.00 for the XPEL kit installed by a professional installer. This kit includes hood, bumper, front fender area, headlights, front parking lights, windshield A pillars, both mirrors. One professional installer did the work. Install began at 10 am and finished by 2pm. He has installed kits on three other vehicles for me, has 18 years of experience with tint and paint protection. Outstanding job.

The installer is everything regarding clear paint protection, get a really experienced installer.