1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear-Bra pricing for the Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by F8L, Apr 25, 2008.

1. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a thought but a company named "Carcondoms" would have been enough for me to keep looking for another.

Also, hopefully you did not pay them in cash- I would cancel the credit card charge if you placed it on your card. That will motivate them to return your calls andmake it right.

When I do business with people I have not dealt with before, Visa is the safe way to go. At least then if there is a problem I have recourse to motivate them to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

2. clynn

clynn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The clear car bra is the greatest invention since toilet paper, but also the biggest scam. The materials for the clear bra whether it be 3M or Ventureshield cost around $100 for the installer. The rest of the price is just labor. So prices and quality of installation vary greatly. I was quoted $500 for 3M and $700 for Ventureshield. I ended up getting the Ventureshield for $500. Cost included hood, bumper, fender, lights, grill, mirrors and door handles.

I far prefer the clear bra to repainting as you have to wait until you get enough dings and paint chips from flying debris before you ultimately repaint your car. While you are counting the dings and chips, i am simply wiping them away with rag!

My advice is call around and get multiple quotes. Ask if they do dealer installs, if they do, go to a dealership and check out their work. If they do not do dealer installs, find out where you can see their work (besides on a sample fender or their own car). Since the profit margin is obscene, there are a lot of folks who just don't know what they are doing, but think that since they can tint windows, they can also install car film.

Caveat Emptor!