1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clear Tube Under Passenger Side Door Trim

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Shin Ra, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Shin Ra

Shin Ra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    So was checking the hybrid battery fan and noticed this clear tube running from the back of the car under the door trim on the passenger side and into the front. First thought this was for the AC, but that should be in the front, this was in the second row passenger side. It shouldnt be the gas line and the liquid inside was clear with some sediment. Dont think the hybrid battery is liquid cooled and google search didnt show up anything. Any ideas?

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Been a long time since my Gen II. Thinking that the rear window washer line probably disappears up the hinge pillar and across the roof to the nozzle. Don't know what you found. Nobody else, either.

Shin Ra likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just didn't see the post. I'm going to go with rear washer. Turn the car on and run the rear washer until it squirts, then see if your clear tube shows blue (or whatever color washer fluid you use).

Shin Ra and AzWxGuy like this.
  4. Shin Ra

Shin Ra Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Thanks, that is probably it the line for the rear window washer, didnt even realize the rear window had a washer nozzle...

AzWxGuy likes this.