1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cliches galore!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Nov 15 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]349745[/snapback]</div>
    and don't be surprised that you don't get anywhere if you don't have a goal.

2. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 14 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]349048[/snapback]</div>
    Fair's fair. But you create your own luck; you're the master of your own fate. Don't let anyone pull the wool over your eyes, even if they seem as smart as all get-out. Life isn't a bowl of cherries, but never say never.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Nov 15 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]349760[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, but I defer to jared, Pinto Bean :rolleyes: and others.

I just love anything to do with language: etymology, idiom, the whole enchilada.

Thanks for a good idea!

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets...

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Give me the strength to accept what I can't change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He's baaaack. You've really hit your stride with this one, haven't you Jack? Heard your calling, found your niche...along those lines? Nothing against Pinto Girl - maybe she's just a little hoarse? :rolleyes:

6. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Nov 15 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]349788[/snapback]</div>
    I was just constipated, hyo. :p

Great line, dude (yer last one)! Take the trophy yerself (or at least a copy).

7. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Constipated? Well, either s**t or get off the pot! I guess you couldn't stand the heat so you got out of the kitchen. Better go now so I don't wear out my welcome. Tomorrow is another day. And it's the first day of the rest of your life.

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Our dietician only speaks in cliches..my favorite is:
    Well, that's going to come back to bite you in the a$$.

9. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Once bitten, twice shy. And too many cooks spoil the broth.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    This thread is driving me nuts. Just make sure you drive on the parkways and park on the driveways.

11. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

That is so cliche.

12. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Good Life

Virtue is its own reward. Chop your own wood and it warms you twice. There's no such thing as a free lunch. The Lord helps those who help themselves. Honesty is the best policy. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. If everyone lit just one little candle, what a bright world this would be! One good turn deserves another.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and a thousand ants can't be wrong. :blink:

13. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Beauty is skin deep.

14. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You can't tell a book by its cover.

15. jared2

jared2 New Member

Undress for success.

16. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dancekat59 @ Nov 16 2006, 01:04 AM) [snapback]350036[/snapback]</div>
    Made it by the skin of my teeth. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Still water runs deep. It's water under the bridge. Gone to a watery grave. Can you bridge the gap? I'm a deep thinker. What's gone is gone. Kinda sets your teeth on edge. You're just nibbling around the edges. Let's talk about that around the water cooler, which dispenses cool, clear water. We can dispense with the formalities. Maybe cooler heads will prevail. Two heads are better than one. Can I prevail upon you to help me? TV newscasters seem like talking heads. No news is good news. Good riddance to bad rubbish. If you don't practice, you'll lose your edge. Practice makes perfect. Don't lose your temper. Nobody's perfect. He's a nobody. Then again, he's nobody's fool. You're nobody 'til somebody loves you. Love makes the world go 'round. Do you want to BE somebody? We're worlds apart. What in the world is going on? We live in two different worlds. I don't know if I'm coming or going; I seem to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. You're just chicken. You always give me the run-around. I'd like to give you a licking. You frequently cut me off. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Let's face it: you're just nosy. She's just a little "off". We could nose around. That sure was a slap in the face. Do you want to slap me silly? They're just going through the formalities. You're wonderful, through and through. It's a grave situation. That law has no teeth. However, it's the law of the land. Think you'll land that job?

My bad.

17. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Phew. I'm breathing my last breath, sighing my last sigh, kicking the can, going six feet under, spending some time in the graybar hotel, sinking to Davey Jones' locker while wearing concrete galoshes, and running this up the flagpole to see if anyone will salute.

They say that success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan...and, if push comes to shove, that the emperor has no clothes. But, on a dark and stormy night, it's a no-brainer to observe that truth is stranger than fiction.

The thing I can't wrap my brain around is if the glass is half empty or half full. Fortunately, the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes at any time, and past performance has never been a guarantee of future earnings. Getting down to brass tacks, the bottom line is that necessity is the mother of invention...and, in the process, gives rise to Yankee ingenuity.

Some would say that you can't get there from here. I'd humbly suggest that it's important to not throw the baby out with the bathwater, and put one foot in front of the other. After all, even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single footstep.

Because, if you're under the weather or behind the eight-ball, you're going to dig yourself a hole that'll be difficult to get out of.

18. chimohio

chimohio New Member

It's not who you know.

19. dreichla

dreichla New Member

There's an nice person for every seat.

20. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreichla @ Nov 16 2006, 08:35 PM) [snapback]350561[/snapback]</div>
    Opinions are like a**holes; everybody's got one.