1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Click sound over 80 km/h

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Alibaba9211, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Alibaba9211

Alibaba9211 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi
    I have Prius 2018 base model with 68000 km on I am facing a problem when driving over 80km and start to change line as turn the steering wheel right or left I hear a click sound 2 times It’s happened only over 80 km not before and sound is like when you press a soft metal plate and it goes down with click and as you release pressure it comes back to normal with a pop up click sound. I have changed the front right side wheel bearing along with all 4 brake pads and routers. Cv boots ball joint suspension and all major items has been checked all ok Some says it’s not mechanical problem it’s kind a flasher or relays sound or something related to line assist. Please help me with this issue I have recorded the sound but can’t attach it here. Thanks

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What do you mean - driving over 80 kilometres? You mean after it's well and truly warmed up?

3. Alibaba9211

Alibaba9211 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No not warm up. When ever you drive and cross 80 km per hour and you start turning your staring wheel you hear click click 2 times Every time over 80 km it’s happened. And it’s behaves normal at 78 or 79 km

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The title explains?
    Post the text of your (YouTube?) title, and someone can search for it, post a link.

I think you just need to be here a few days, have more posts, and that’ll be unlocked for you.

alanclarkeau likes this.