1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

clicking noises upon braking 2016

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by prius_deep, Oct 7, 2017.

1. prius_deep

prius_deep Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two

sounds like a 2008 in the video.

Have a 2016 I have not had the issue. I bought a used 2008 and it emit a clicking sound(s) on breaking (sometimes), and sometime while the car (2008) is off [while I am around {FOB}].

there is warranty for gen 2 Brake Pump/actuator replacement to the end of this year. Hope the 2016 is not going to have the same issue!

anyone with a 2016 hearing clicking when breaking and or breaking and turning right?

2. kevinwhite

kevinwhite Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In front wheel drive cars (not just Prius) this is usually a symptom of wear in the constant velocity (CV) joints. They wear especially quickly if the protective rubber boot is damaged.

kevin

RCO likes this.
  3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a similar noise coming from the front left disc brake. I had it checked and I was told by the dealer that the disc as some radial unevenes due to rust which will then make a sound when hitting the brake pads.
    They told me it should disappear after usage.
    After 6 months it has reduced somewhat but still there....

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There's been a couple of posts now, with videos, regarding ticking sound while braking. And of course I can't hear anything, any distinct ticking noise, lol. Are others able to hear it? Maybe you've get a better positioned mike??

RCO likes this.