1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clicking sound coming from behind the dash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chris Duncan, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Chris Duncan

Chris Duncan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Gen 2 has recently started to produce a clicking sound behind the dash. In reading several posts people have complained about the climate control not be hot or cold. In my case the temperature seems normal but there is a clicking noise when the outside temp is similar to what the climate control temp is try to get to. I assume this noise is the blend door actuator trying to open or shut. Does anybody have any thoughts to help diagnose this and how to potentially fix it?

2. caffreyp

caffreyp New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had the same issue with my 2008. I read in similar posts that noise was affected enabling re circulation mode, I tried that to no avail, but I was able to clear up the issue by briefly turning on the front window defrost mode. The noise was then absent and remained absent even after disabling defrost mode.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Check under your cabin air filter in the fan housing there might be some debris in there

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One of the three servo motors which move the air flow doors probably has a problem.

kiki likes this.