1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Climate Control + EV / Eco / Power Buttons Don't Light Up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Kepik, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Kepik

Kepik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've checked all the fuses that are associated with the fuses, the steering wheel buttons are lit as well as my head unit controls. The dimmer switch functions and I'm able to dim everything else.

But the lights that are associated with buttons on my climate control (the screen works fine) as well as the EV / Eco / Power don't light up anymore when turning on my dash lights.

How this happened... I was messing around with installing a push button switch
    25504_1b.jpg

And shoved the wrong wire in the unused plug of the headlight washer. I was planning to tap the wire that would illuminate my push button switch when the dash lights are turned on.

Since I couldn't find any fuses and everything else is function properly... did I just screw up those lights?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The surest way to figure it out is probably to check the wiring diagram, get a positive ID on the washer plug pin position that you did shove the wire into and exactly what circuit that comes from by what path, and, remembering which wire of yours you shoved into it and where that wire went, then start to reason out what the effect might have been.

-Chap

3. Kepik

Kepik Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had a spare Climate Control unit and I can confirm it's something inside the the ECU. I notice now, when it's dark and my auto headlights activate or parking lights, my dimmer switch, if it's not turned up all the way (where it clicks), the screen on my climate control is complete darkness. Strange thing is, when it's bright and sunny outside, the screen stays on, regardless of the dimmer switch position as well as if my parking and/or headlights are on.

I should've DL'd all the wiring diagrams when I bought the 2 day thing at techinfo. I'll look into that

4. Jordan Hieber

Jordan Hieber New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ever find a fix?