1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Climate Control Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jennifer Holihan-Collazo, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Jennifer Holihan-Collazo

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello! New here,

A bit desperate. My climate control panel won't turn on at all. It lights up like the stereo face with the automatic inside lights when it's dark enough, but that's it. Otherwise, it's completely blank and the system is not working at all! I looked at some sites to see what it might be before I take it to the dealer and the prices depending on the actual problem range from $600 to $4,000. :( Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Many Thanks!
    Jennifer

2. CNYhybrid

CNYhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Jennifer, I know you are in a bad place but you would help yourself if you identify the year, model and trim level of your Pri.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    hopefully, it's just a fuse. if everything else works, check your manual for the fuse location.
    can you operate the fan? try pressing temp up to see if it gets warm.
    another possibility is the 12v battery.

4. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    By chance, do you have the panel light dimmer turned all the way down?. Yes, please id the yr, model and trim level. so we can help. It may very well be a no cost fix.