1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Climate display / controls / fans / heating all not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by J.D., Dec 22, 2020.

1. J.D.

J.D. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all,

gen iii 2010 Prius with ~ 165K km's. One day, out of the blue, and the climate display went dark. In addition to that all the related controls don't function either. I'm in a northern climate... so with no way to turn on heat that effectively incapacitates this car.

I've looked through several fuse diagrams and checked several. However, I'm not entirely certain which fuse(s) controls this unit... or if this would be the result of a larger problem.

Appreciate any help folks can provide for troubleshooting this issue. Thank you.

Edit: please see the attached image. The bottom display is dark (when the car is on). The above display works fine. Also, the Park button works fine and the car drives / shifts as it should. As far as I can tell the only thing not functioning is this display and all of the buttons surrounding it (temp, fans, mode, EV/Eco/Pwr modes, A/C, filter, air mode, auto, off).

Attached Files: