1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Clinton Ambushed on Fox News

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Sep 25, 2006.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Oh, how refreshing to see President Clinton wipe the neocon's asses with the truth. Unscripted, no notes, no earpiece, no handpicked audience lobbing simple pre-qualified questions! He instills great pride in me again with his intellect, knowlege and ability to accurately and clearly communicate real facts. Every day Bill Clinton speaks is a dark day for the liars and cheaters who are presently running this country for their own personal aggrandizement.

Remember voters, Hillary is his contemporary and at least as intelligent as President Clinton. It's not a matter of squeaking by in the next election. It's a matter of sending the neocons back to the stone age where they so recently luxuriated. It's a matter of taxing war profiteers out of business. It's a matter of denying non-profit status to churches who push political agendas. It's a matter of calling liars liars unmercifully. It's a matter of side-by-side showcasing real, caring patriots next to the evil doers. It's a matter of national security, national pride and national leadership by intellect, not fear.

The dumbing down of expectations in our current leaders and everything else to do with our daily lives will harm us for generations to come, just as squandering our children's future, squandering a budget surplus, and international goodwill are all hallmarks of the Worst president ever. This interview was the shot heard 'round the world that the US is a sleeping giant who will awaken to it's eternal embarrasment that it allowed 8 very long years of hoodwinked regress. I miss peace, prosperity, and a president who isn’t a freaking pathetic joke. If blow jobs are what it takes to fuel a great President count me as first in line to do what it takes to keep hope alive, truth strong and national pride a given.

2. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]324749[/snapback]</div>
    Keep your timelines straight. Bush had more time, with more definitive information to catch OBL. Like Clinton said:

"I tried and nobody has come as close as I did since".

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FBear @ Sep 25 2006, 01:46 PM) [snapback]324753[/snapback]</div>
    Please stay on topic. It is ok to admit that clinton did nothing during his presidency towards terrorism beyond paying lip service or treating it as a legal thing. you canNOT prove he did anything else - neither can he - that is why he got so upset over a basic simple question...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Sep 25 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]324755[/snapback]</div>
    now try answering the questions posed...

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think Clinton delineated pretty well what he did during the interview in question.

How many in the house want to see the dbermanmd's list of things Bush did!!

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 25 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]324760[/snapback]</div>
    where is the timeline wrong. again what did clinton do in 8 years and multiple attacks on Americans/America to fight the war on terror. name one thing please. after that we can examine what bush did in the 8 months prior to 9/11 and what he did following that day. clinton had his own 9/11 in 1993 - THEY TRIED TO TOPPLE THE TOWERS AND KILL 50,000 AMERICANS IN ONE FELL SWOOP THEN AS THEY DID ON 9/11/01 -- WE KNOW WHAT BUSH DID IN RESPONSE - WHAT DID CLINTON DO IN REPSONSE TO THE FIRST WTC ATTACK -- THEY KILLED 6 INJURED OVER 1,000 TRIED TO KILL 50,000 AND WHAT DID CLINTON DO IN RESPONSE - PLEASE TELL ME.

AND THEN WE CAN GO ON TO THE EMBASSY BOMBINGS, THEN THE USS COLE - BUT KEEP IT REAL SIMPLE FOR NOW - JUST FOCUS ON WTC I 1993.

I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO NEXIS-LEXUS HOW MANY TIMES CLINTON MENTIONED OBL IN A SPEECH OR STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS (ALMOST NEVER), I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO CITE SPECIFIC ACTIONS HE TOOK TO KILL HIM OR CAPTURE HIM OR HIS GROWING TERROR NETWORK, OR THINGS HE DID TO STOP THEIR FINANCIAL LIFELINE. JUST REAL SIMPLE. WHAT DID CLINTON DO IN RESPONSE TO WTC I 1993 - AGAIN 6 DEAD, OVER 1,000 INJURED AND THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF 50,000 AMERICANS...

NOW YOUR TURN - THE ANSWER IS :: MR. CLINTON DID.............

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 09:25 AM) [snapback]324698[/snapback]</div>
    And there I was thinking that you were busy davening and atoning for your past sins and transgressions.

L'Shana tova.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]324769[/snapback]</div>
    Your accusations do not pass the Snopes test:

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]324769[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think we could answer the question better than Clinton did. Read the transcript. He answers it.
    Ok, your turn. What did Bush do during the time he was in office before 9/11?

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 25 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]324777[/snapback]</div>
    One could also ask why he initially opposed creating a Department of Homeland Security after 9/11 and why he changed his mind in June of '02. But that would be off-topic. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Sep 25 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]324776[/snapback]</div>
    A very happy & healthy New Year to you!

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 25 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]324777[/snapback]</div>
    Lets see...Bush served (sporadically) in a champagne unit of the National Guard, did a bunch of blow, then discovered Christianity in time to aid his political ambitions.

But. hey, he's white and wealthy and well connected, and that's all that really seems to matter.

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Sep 25 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]324776[/snapback]</div>
    I did not realize i was praying to you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Sep 25 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]324784[/snapback]</div>
    just answer the question - if you cant - so be it - the only person ambushed was America for 8 years while nero clinton fiddled as Americans died.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 25 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]324777[/snapback]</div>
    i watched the interview - he did not answer the question - he just got his bowels in an uproar. if you heard something i did NOT - tell me - tell me what he did to fight terror during his 8 years. i made it even simpler for you guys - just tell me what he did in response to WTC I 1993 -- 6 Americans killed, over 1,000 injured and the attempted murder of 50,000 - what did clinton do in response to this attack on American soil.

What really bothered me about your post besides sharing the same religion and obviously practicing it differently - is that the only one here that should be asking for forgiveness is mr clinton for failing to protect America and Americans for 8 years - as he watched while we died. How does he live with that - obvious - he gets upset when people as tough questions about his failings and tries to rewrite history. You want to be a party to that, that is your decision.

And do not bring up my religion with me - you can with others - but not me. You have no shame.

11. jmccord

jmccord New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]324785[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps as important as what Clinton did, is what he didn't do - like take us to full-blown war in Iraq and Afghanistan. New intelligence reports will likely confirm what many of us have long suspected, that these wars arre creating many more terrorists than they are stopping.
    I for one, do not feel safer because of Bush's efforts.

12. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    NOW YOUR TURN - THE ANSWER IS :: MR. CLINTON DID.............
    [/quote]

give the green light to the secret ops / intelligence guys to get OBL. He had regular meetings on OBL to pursue getting him. The President (Clinton or Bush) is not the guy who jumps out of the plane behind enemy lines to get the bad guy, they give the green light to get the bad guy. Clinton gave the green light.

MR. BUSH DID cancel all the get OBL stuff, even with the memo "OBL determined to attack". Bush turned off the green light.

Nobody should be blamed for what OBL did except OBL. Problem with Bush is that we are not safer since 9/11. Or can you list some facts to the contrary. Saddam gone does not count, he was no threat to Americans. Try something else.

13. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    From the snopes.com link above:

"In August 1998, President Clinton ordered missile strikes against targets in Afghanistan in an effort to hit Osama bin Laden, who had been linked to the embassy bombings in Africa (and was later connected to the attack on the USS Cole). The missiles reportedly missed bin Laden by a few hours, and Clinton was widely criticized by many who claimed he had ordered the strikes primarily to draw attention away from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. As John F. Harris wrote in The Washington Post:

In August 1998, when [Clinton] ordered missile strikes in an effort to kill Osama bin Laden, there was widespread speculation — from such people as Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) — that he was acting precipitously to draw attention away from the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal, then at full boil. Some said he was mistaken for personalizing the terrorism struggle so much around bin Laden. And when he ordered the closing of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House after domestic terrorism in Oklahoma City, some Republicans accused him of hysteria.

. . . the federal budget on anti-terror activities tripled during Clinton's watch, to about $6.7 billion. After the effort to kill bin Laden with missiles in August 1998 failed — he had apparently left a training camp in Afghanistan a few hours earlier — recent news reports have detailed numerous other instances, as late as December 2000, when Clinton was on the verge of unleashing the military again. In each case, the White House chose not to act because of uncertainty that intelligence was good enough to find bin Laden, and concern that a failed attack would only enhance his stature in the Arab world.

. . . people maintain Clinton should have adapted Bush's policy promising that regimes that harbor terrorism will be treated as severely as terrorists themselves, and threatening to evict the Taliban from power in Afghanistan unless leaders meet his demands to produce bin Laden and associates. But Clinton aides said such a policy — potentially involving a full-scale war in central Asia — was not plausible before politics the world over became transformed by one of history's most lethal acts of terrorism.

Clinton's former national security adviser, Samuel R. Berger . . . said there [was] little prospect . . . that Pakistan would have helped the United States wage war against bin Laden or the Taliban in 1998, even after such outrages as the bombing of U.S. embassies overseas."

Note that the negative outcomes foreseen by Clinton's administrations are those plaguing Bush's today.

Now, what did Bush do before 9/11?

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmccord @ Sep 25 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]324803[/snapback]</div>
    so you are confirming he did nothing for eight years or just for the first WTC bombing?

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 12:05 PM) [snapback]324785[/snapback]</div>
    Chill out man. I did not denigrate you and no offense was meant. You were not exactly secretive about your Jewish heritage. By your posting schedule, I assumed that you were a Shomer Shabbat and that you did not use electronic devices on Rosh Hashana.

As to the part about atoning for past sins and transgressions, this is what this time of year is about for all Jews, you and me included. Perhaps you need a refresher on the Days of Awe:

16. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]324813[/snapback]</div>
    First, do no harm. Might be a good mantra for GWB to learn.
    Clinton made a Tomahawk strike against a target strongly believed by many intelligence agencies to include OBL, and other high ranking AQ officials. Ultimately that was wrong, but at least the consequences of that being wrong weren't as terrible as GWBs wrong decisions.

Clinton made dramatic policy shift in our intelligence agencies toward counter-terrorism.

Clinton made steps. He admits he didn't do enough...a fact that can ONLY be determined in hind-sight. Terrorism of this sort was very very new and we had zero experience in dealing with it. Looking back it's easy to say what could have/should have been done.

Maybe we'll do the same when we look back and our unprotected domestic food and water supplies become the source of the next terror attack...then everyone can say Bush made impotent attacks on soverign nations while ignoring the obvious domestic threats...oh, we don't need to look back, we can already see he's doing that. Well, if we think really hard I'm sure something he's done will show how the threat and dangers of terrorism have been reduced....Or maybe not.

This is a multi-pronged, long term, learn as we go, adapt as things change battle. If we start pointing the finger backward for excuses instead of looking forward in anticipation we're going to lose. 911 is not Clinton's fault for 'doing nothing'. 911 is not GWB's fault for 'ignoring the warnings'. And the next domestic terror attack isn't going to be prevented by invading Afganistan or Iraq or Iran or even by killing OBL.

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]324813[/snapback]</div>
    as i am sure you noticed watching the interview - it seemed as though he wanted to invade afghanistan - he drew up plans to do such he said - sounds now like he wanted to do something instead of sitting still and getting bit** slapped and watching Americans get buried on a regular basis. i kind of want to really know what he was thinking - really deep down - now - years later. how much was his outburst acting - how much self-pity. i would love to know what documents sandy burger destroyed from the national archieves knowing they pertained to the clinton "war on terror" - which was more like a discussion on terror - or as you guys have pointed out by not being able to point out anything he did - his sitting target approach to terror being waged on us.

you guys had all day - NO facts as to what mr clinton did in 8 years to combat terror - as Americans died over and over again. he did nothing.

now we can examine what bush did in the 8 MONTHS he had in office b4 9/11 - and we can always discuss what he DID afterwards - not that we will know all the intelligence he had for another 46 years as one of you guys pointed out - and a big thanks on that one :lol:

18. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 25 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]324835[/snapback]</div>

Did you even read mine and other posts? And yes, why don't you begin posting what Bush did before 9/11?

19. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 25 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]324841[/snapback]</div>
    Of course he read them. But they contradict his engraved-in-stone viewpoint quite nicely, so naturally he ignored them. SOP, from what I've seen.

I predict he won't post what Bush did before 9/11. He will either claim he doesn't have time, but we can all look it up on Google or he will continue to say Clinton did nothing.

Personally, I don't care if that's his view. I'd just like to see him state it in a reasoned way that allows people who are "less informed" to actually learn something. But I won't be holding my breath waiting.

20. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here are a couple starters....

Bush IGNORED warnings from the Clinton transition team stating OBL was determined to strike inside the US.

Bush IGNORED the Aug 01 PDB stating OBL was planning to use airplanes as bombs to crash into buildings.