1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Closing Back Hatch of Prius -- kinda of stupid??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cyberprius, May 10, 2008.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I do the recess pull/emblem push thing, to keep fingerprints off the paint, and to not yank the spoiler off :)

DH, of course, can nonchalantly reach up, and push it down using the emblem...

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seasalsa,

Thanks again for the tip on the Saab trunk handle. I installed this Saab trunk handle (Volvo also has a similar one) on my Prius yesterday. I think it's great. It's cheap, looks good and works very well. Best $16 I've spent on my Prius. Below are two pictures.

I used two of the four plastic screws and nuts that came with my license plate frame to install the handle onto the frame. After tightening each screw into the nut, I snipped off the extra length of the screw and then filed it down to be flush and smooth with the nut. Then I used those little self-stick vinyl pads and bumpers as spacers and protectors where appropriate.

[IMGLINK]http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/9230d1211060497-closing-back-hatch-prius-kinda-stupid-001.jpg[/IMGLINK]

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      155.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I did see the same 'No Parking' sign displayed as a red circle with a bar through it over the letter "P" in France, Germany, Hong Kong, Tokyo and even India.....Can't help but it just rings a bell when you mentioned this famous sign. It's still pretty symbolic, not in full English words. If this is not interational, I don't know what else should be.

4. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I do agree with you on some 'icons' are very obscure.
    The interesting part is most (if not all) of the obscure 'icons' can be found between different auto markers (Ford vs GM vs Toyota vs Honda). There maybe hidden standards somewhere and they just play by book.