1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cluster isn't working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jr buddy, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Jr buddy

Jr buddy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello all. I have a 2006 prius. And just recently I was driving on the highway went too floor it and the spedomoter went crazy then went to 0. Then when that happened my odometer isn't working neither is my gas indicator lol. Not sure what I should do. My check engine light is on for both my wheel speed sensors. That have anything to do with it? Maybe the speed but I'm about the other things. It's gogot 197xxx and the mileage stopped a month ago lol

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    edthefox5 likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow 2006 and just losing the combo that's pretty good.

Why are you flooring it? That's really hard on this little motor and battery and trans hope you have good fluid in all of them.

if you have to floor it to get where your going that's because your hybrid battery is getting very very tired and no longer contributing any power that's why your mileage is so bad. Power and torque mostly come from the hybrid battery not the little 90 horsepower engine.

No power bad mileage and in purple alot are Stage 1 of hybrid battery failure.

Most common issues with the G2 are a failed combo meter and bad hybrid battery and lately failed battery has become #1.

#3 edthefox5, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  4. VFerdman

VFerdman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like you need to address the speed sensors before thinking about the combo meter. When combo meter goes, it just goes dark. Your problem sounds more like the sensors aren't providing proper signal and the meter is left to deal with garbage data from sensors.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

#5 edthefox5, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OP mentioned wheel speed sensors, not TPMS.

edthefox5 likes this.