1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cluster lights out/ no energy data on MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Priusprofit, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Priusprofit

Priusprofit Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everyone! I recently purchased my 7th prius! It is a 2005 with 264k miles.

The car needed a lot of small repairs that I've done on other priuses before (strut, ignition coil, coolant temperature sensor, coolant flow control valve, oxygen sensor)

BUT! This morning I got into the car to begin working on them all and 90% of the cluster lights were out and the MFD had no energy data.

The cluster only displays the check engine light and turn signal arrows when turned on. Everything on the MFD works it just does not display energy information.

I have removed a prius cluster before and it was terrible so I'm really hoping that's not the case with this prius.

Any insight to what might be causing this issue is greatly appreciated.

The check engine light is coolant/o2 sensor related and the car still runs and drives.

Attached Files:

2. hchu1

hchu1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You have a dead combo meter. You can check the many threads on the forum. I understand these guys do good work, check them out, give them a call.

Prius Speedometer Replacement

Priusprofit and ITBland like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    start with the 12 volt. if that is okay, you might be sool.:unsure:

Priusprofit likes this.