1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cluster Panel Glass

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ThatOddMan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. ThatOddMan

ThatOddMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The OCD in me wants to replace the "foggy" glass on the cluster panel of my PiP.

Is this part number 55403-47040 the outer most part of the cluster panel-the outer glass?

I checked ebay and the only ones being sold are the complete assembly of the cluster panel.

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It might just need a good cleaning. I had something like that on a couple Gen 2 panels. When I took apart the dash and got the plastic off, it was fine. Turned out that it was the face of the combination meter itself. A little polishing and it was good to go.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sometimes it's helpful to remember that meter really projects upward through a window in the dash, so if there have ever been sticky LifeSavers rolling around up there or something (eww), a little cleaning might be in order.

[​IMG]

4. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    And also note the screen at the top (facing you) is acrylic, not glass - so don't use window cleaner on it unless you want it to be foggy :)