1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Dave putting finishing touches on audio/video input

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Eug, Jul 25, 2004.

1. wb9tyj

wb9tyj 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    the "I agree" is on the screen...everytime you want the Nav Map...it says to you agree to the following conditions...blah blah blah...some legal garbage for liability purposes...

2. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Re: Coastal Dave putting finishing touches on audio/video in

I don't even have a Prius yet but I also feel an "I agree" killer would be awesome.

3. pepa

pepa New Member

As per the header of this thread..

I don't want to sound like a pest, but it would be great if Coastal Dave stopped putting finishing touches on the stuff and actually finished it!

Gee - I'm monitoring his web site since beginning of the year with hopes that something (especially the AUX input) will actually get finished and I'll be able to order it for my Prius ahead of time! So now, after more than 6 months of waiting, I have my Prius already - but Dave is still putting finishing touches.

I understand that some of the stuff, such as the video input, is not easy. Heck - it's protocol (CAN) driven, it must be a nightmare to reverse-engineer that stuff.

But the Coming soon and finishing touches annoncements get little old - to say the least.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hehe.. i agree.. lol. Love what he's doing.. but i've been waiting for that engine and break indicator for quite a while now. I'm almost figuring it out myself. lol
    I can think of something that would be coool.
    on the drivers window control. have the auto feature tie into the auto AC button. So if you do an auto down..the ac turns off.. if auto up.. the ac turns on. just an idea when i was sitting at stop light trying to not waist electricity. or.. tie the auto feature into all windows.. or... buttons.. lol.. i have all kinds of ideas.. maybe i should try them first.

5. mmccking

mmccking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    anybody know the resolution of the screen?

6. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I keep hoping a Stage indicator will pop up on the list. One that'll tell me when I should stop a moment to get the car to use battery more...

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The network the MFD uses is AVC. It can get data from the CAN via the gateway ECU.

I heard resolution is 800x480.

8. pepa

pepa New Member

So do I, but I also hate what he is NOT doing. He is torturing me!!
    Honestly, I think Coastal Dave is evil!! :evillaugh: :lol: