1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal E tech Products

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hdrygas, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Kolisar

Kolisar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScubaX @ Jul 29 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]294403[/snapback]</div>
    I do not need to view video from the iPod. What I would like is to display the song info (with album art if possible, but that is probably to much to ask). The main issue I have with most of the devices mentioned is that they require playlists. I usually listen to albums (I am not good at making playlists, I do not have a good knack for creating good playlist flow) but always search by artist because I usually want to listen to an artist and then I decide which album from that artist I want to hear. In that sense I am probably not the usual iPod user. The only devices I have seen that allow artist search are from Apline.

I would love to be able to search and contol the iPod using the touchscreen but, as Coastal's touchscreen integrated iPod interface appaers as though it will never be released, I will have to settle for an external controler for the iPod and hope that I can get the menus and song info to display on the screen.

2. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kolisar @ Jul 29 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]294452[/snapback]</div>

My sentiments exactly. I spent a small fortune almost two years ago now in anticipation of the Viewtech 2005 release. All the equipment I purchased is now out of warranty! To top it off, their site proclaimed earlier this month that the Viewtech would finally start shipping July 15th. On the 14th that was changed to the 18th. On the 20th the links to the Viewtech vanished.

Apparently we are all participants in a cruel joke. :angry: Very funny Dave !!!

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kolisar @ Jul 29 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]294452[/snapback]</div>
    That's just it. If you could view video from the iPod you could see the album art and song info. That is why I hope "AVIC-100i A/V Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™ interface" will allow you to control the iPod through the MFD and then switch to the iPod video.

Thanks,

Alric

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kolisar @ Jul 29 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]294305[/snapback]</div>
    You actually bought 20+ gigs of AAC music from the Apple store? Wow!

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kolisar @ Jul 29 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]294452[/snapback]</div>
    You could make smart playlists of artists and albums. They would then be in alphabetical order on the Vaistech, but seen as numbered CD's. So number 3 would be 'C's and so on.

Does the Alpine device allow for touch screen usage?

6. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScubaX @ Jul 30 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]294823[/snapback]</div>

You had my hopes up there for a second ScubaX. So that no one else gets confused the device you're referring to is called the "IPOD Interface" (according to Coastal's website); not to be confused with the VIEWTECH. As was stated earlier in this thread, it hasn't been released yet and from the looks of things, NEVER will be.</span></span>

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BMcGraw @ Jul 30 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]294829[/snapback]</div>
    I meant the Vaistech SoundLinQ (Sli) iPod interface. I corrected my post.

8. Kolisar

Kolisar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jul 30 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]294662[/snapback]</div>
    No, I have 20+ gigs of AAC music, I have only purchased 9 albums and 2 individual songs from iTMS, everything else is from my CD collection.

9. Kolisar

Kolisar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScubaX @ Jul 30 2006, 09:42 PM) [snapback]294823[/snapback]</div>
    So you are suggesting that I create a separate playlist for each album? I have multiple albums for a large number of artists so I would need to be able to differentiate them. That is possible, but I would have to use a different device as I do not want to convert all my songs to MP3.
    I will have to try the playlist option, create one per album and how the touchscreen integration works.

And No, the Alpine unit does not allow for touch screen usage.

After seeing your suggestion making smart playlists (yes, I know I am probably the ONLY iPod user who doesn't playlists) I contacted VAIS tech. In a couple of monts they will be releasing a new device for the 2006 Prius only that will allow 999 playlists (I belive in MP3 CD mode). Well, that is it, I think I am sold (I have far less than 999 albums so I am all set).

I will pick one up as soon as it is released and I will let everyone know how it works.