1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Lockpick 3 WITH DVD Player Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusTouring07, Jul 26, 2007.

1. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

After a lot of reasearch and thanks to input from a few of you, I am pretty much decided on getting the Lockpick 3. For the DVD unit, I'm getting one that also has a TV tuner: http://www.avelectronic.com/DVD_MP3_TV.htm.

Question. I see on their demonstration you can use voice commands to invoke the DVD for instance. While you're watching a DVD, can you invoke the Navigation verbally?

Question 2. Has anyone installed the DVD player unit anywhere else except under the CD player? Under the passenger seat or under the glove compartment, etc. I think I might want to have the DVD player hidden from sight.

Thanks.

2. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think I can take a stab at this question.

First none of the touch commands or voice commands work with the DVD interface. Mine is not a Toyota DVD player, so I mounted an IR extender next to the accessory slot. I removed the accessory slot for the car computer, but it makes it so the kids do not have to point the remote at the DVD player.

The reason that is important is the DVD player is mounted in the glove box. I will warn you, I had to remove the glove box, cut the rear from it and used a carpet knife to trim the unit into the spot. It required a lot of modification to make the unit fit within the glovebox. I have a whole lot of pictures on the mounting on my web site. Click on the signature area.

Good luck