1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Tech EV Switch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tadashi, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evfan @ Mar 10 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]403467[/snapback]</div>
    It sounds like it is working. The beeps are not very loud. My hearing is not good any more but I hear them. That could be because I know what to expect.

If the EV Mode is working, the car is programmed to give you the beeps. If you are not getting the beeps and everything else is working, it is probably not the end of the world. That would be annoying tho.

2. keithnteri

keithnteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I installed the EV switch and it works great. I also installed the Coastal door lock mod but that doesn't work correctly. Has any one experienced the door lock mod constantly locking the doors as soon as the unlock signal is received by touching the door?

I thought I might not have made a good connection on one of the wires so I checked and crimped them down as hard as I could. Now it doesn't constantly lock after being unlocked but it does not ever lock the doors as it should.

I just want to see if there was something I overlooked before sending for a replacement from Coastal.

Thanks,

3. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

HELP!!! The CoastalTech EV Switch I purchased and installed a couple of years ago in my '05 Prius stopped working a few months ago (I can no longer 'force it' into EV mode) AND NOW the car starts beeping 3 times and keeps trying to force the Prius into EV mode an and and all speeds without me even touching the cruise control stick!!!

It quickly stops forcing the Prius into EV mode after the 3 beeps, but boy is this not only annoying IT'S DANGEROUS. I need instructions how to rip this module out asap.