1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Tech Lockpick 3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by packersfan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. GreenJuice

GreenJuice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Basic Lockpick 3 takes seconds to install and hardly any skill at all!
    If you look under your driver's seat you should see something like the first picture on my earlier post. The device from Coastal is shown on the second picture and is installed into the connector on the right, the largest one (you don't need to touch anything else).

You will see that the Coastal device has a male (white) connector at one end and a female at the other. One end replaces your car's connector going into the metal box. The other end takes your car's connector - snap, snap, done! Just as easy to remove if you don't like it (or want to pretend it was never there!)

Hardest part is probably tucking the excess wiring out of the way! As you can see in my last picture, I just folded them back on themselves.

Warrantee issues are addressed in other posts. As I understand it, in theory your warrantee should stand - or at least it would be hard for Toyota to refuse.

Good luck!

2. lambymc

lambymc New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i just bought the ultimate lockpick 3+ and i have a few questions--please help!

1) neither myself or my fiance will be able to install this ourselves (we don't want to take the dashboard apart). where would be a good place to get it installed? can i go to your average best buy or another large audio installation place?

2) does installing this void any parts of my factory warranty? my car is a 2008 prius with 21,000 miles

THANKS!! i was very excited about getting the lockpick, but now i am wondering if i made a big mistake..any help would be appreciated!

3. Raven Maniac

Raven Maniac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Basic Lockpick 1b v.2 Re: Coastal Tech Lockpick 3

I went to Coastal and ordered a 'basic lockpick 1' which, the website explains, is now a new-and-improved 'basic lockpick 1b v.2'. It was $99 plus s/h, and they promise that (a) it will work to restore the override on the 04-05 Prius, and (b) it is compatible with 'all versions of Toyota/Lexus mapping software.' I'll post again when I get it. Anybody else have any experience with this gadget?