1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Tech Ultimate Lockpick3 for 2006-2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by csciguy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purdoom @ Nov 25 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]544060[/snapback]</div>
    Did a Google search on "LP3" but didn't find anything related... could you elaborate?

2. h311b3nt

h311b3nt Junior Member

LP3 stands for Lockpick 3, the name of the thread.

I am in the same boat..2008...contacted Coastal and they replied that it was not ready and to check ever couple of weeks on their site. that was 2 months ago.

3. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I accidentally bought the 2004-2005 lockpick kit for the full-featured system. I have a 2006. Once the 2006 version came out, I bought and installed it. It does everything perfectly.

Phone calls are interrupted only under certain (avoidable) conditions if you are looking at the phone call screen and then press MAP on the steering \/\/heel.

Man, I gotta fix this broken key.

~ dan ~

4. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Their bad customer service certainly still exists; I ordered something before Christmas, then tried to change my order. Not only did my emails (3 of them) go unanswered and ignored, but I received the order that I tried in vain to cancel.

So I shipped the item back, asked them to exchange it; that was 2 weeks ago. They sent me a shipping notice email, and then 5 days later (today), someone in their company called to ask me the questions they'd already asked in an email a week ago, which I responded to.

Not only that, but I have yet to get my money back on my cancelled order.

So I cancelled my second order. I won't deal with them again.

5. jazba

jazba New Member

Coastal Electronics is by far the worst company i have ever done business with in my life. I really hope they get sued or shutdown and have trouble paying their personal bill. Synical a bit? eh maybe..i just dont like them

i had a similar experience where they sent me the wrong part. I called them at least twice a week where there poor answering service kept giving them my messages but NO returned calls. Last month i finally had it with them and notified american express. I now have my money back :)

Warning to all... DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

6. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    It seems like it's one extreme or the other -- I e-mailed them with a question and received a response in about 10 minutes. I ordered it and it was shipped the same day.

I guess I picked the right day.

7. markstempel

markstempel New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 2008 Prius with VAIS SL2Vi installed. Video works fine when car is not moving. Does anyone know which Lockpick product will work it the SL2Vi to let video work while car is moving?

8. kbertsche1

kbertsche1 New Member

Another question re the Basic LP3:
    When driving, does it allow you to select a POI displayed on the map and then "Get Info" regarding the POI (addres, phone)? One of the "info" items is the phone number; does the Basic LP 3 enable the phone dialing icon? (Or do we need the Ultimate LP for this feature?)

9. ktoepp

ktoepp New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I've been trying to find the answer to this question, too. I haven't bought anything yet, but have been leaning towards the VAIS SL2Vi for ipod audio/video integration (seems most likely to work in 2008, although I can't figure out if artist/album/song menus are navigateable-not just playlists) and although I don't want to watch a movie while driving, I am interested in being able to see song titles and navigate them with steering wheel or touchscreen.

So, does the lockpick mate well with the Vais, and does the lockpick allow everything to work while moving, including video, songtitles, and perhaps even FM radio text that I only get to read at the stoplights?

10. ktoepp

ktoepp New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just talked to a guy at Vais. He said the SL2Vi is not compatible with the lockpick, but "there are ways to do that, just search Priuschat." Anybody found that link?

In about two weeks, the next update will allow full menu navigation (artist/album/song), but only while stopped. While moving, you can scroll up and down only.