1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal Tech Ultimate Lockpick3 for 2006-2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by csciguy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flynz4 @ Dec 15 2006, 03:33 AM) [snapback]362673[/snapback]</div>
    Jim,

I think you are right. I'll find out soon since I got the ship notice a couple hours after I ordered it. Now I really am glad I got the $300 version. For some reason I kept thinking all three said address unlock (unless the page was edited to correct that error after I first saw it??).

- Tom

2. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    $99.00
    ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 3 BASIC
    (REMOVE "I AGREE" MESSAGE,
    UNLOCK ADDRESS ENTRY)

Complete Plug-In Kit for 2006-2007 PRIUS
    5 MINUTE INSTALL

$229.00
    ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 3
    UNLOCK BLUETOOTH ENTRY,
    UNLOCK VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT)

(for Prius with or without navigation system -provides audio and video input)

$299.00
    ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 3 W/ ADDRESS ENTRY OPTION
    UNLOCK ADDRESS ENTRY,
    UNLOCK BLUETOOTH ENTRY,
    UNLOCK VIDEO AND AUDIO INPUT)

ADDS THE ABILITY TO ENTER ADDRESSES AT ANY TIME

3. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Perfect gift for the Holidays from Me to Me. I realize that's not quite the Christmas spirit, but I've been waiting on the ability have my passenger type in a destination and the video is just a bonus.

Merry Christmas to all

4. CapeCod

CapeCod New Member

I ordered the Ultimate 3 on 12/13 and paid the extra dough for 2nd day air shipping. I should see this today and I will install it right away. I stepped up for the best one; I already paid for the features in my car so I guess that it makes sense to make the most out of them.

I will keep you posted on how it all works.

Best,

CapeCod

5. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

I was absolutely shocked that someone had come up with a fix. So I ordered the ultimate basic for $99.00. As I understand from reading the description this unit will get rid of the I Agree screen and also allow me to input an address while driving. That is all I need as I added a switch for the blue tooth phone and am happy with that setup. I was about to add another switch for the Nav, as I had lost hope anyone would come up with a fix. It is what I hate the most about the 2006 Prius (the loss of a software defeat). But this could be the answer. They will certainly sell a bunch of these assuming it works. I ordered mine today and expect it will ship on Monday. They actually answered their 800 number. Wonderful Christmas Present

Manny :D :D :D :D :D

6. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CapeCod @ Dec 15 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]362706[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't see any links to the installation instructions, if possible can you post that as well? I'm just curious as to how much wire cutting is involved, if any, and where the connections are made. Thanks!

7. CapeCod

CapeCod New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ilusnforc @ Dec 15 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]362834[/snapback]</div>
    It says that it is a plug and play type of system (no wire cutting). I was hoping to receive mine today but it doesn't look like it was shipped yet. I called coastal (they did answer the phone :D ) and they told me that my unit would shipped today. I paid for 2nd day air so hopefully I will see it on Tuesday.

Best,

CapeCod

8. truesilverone

truesilverone New Member

Just ordered the $299 version this morning and just now received a shipping e-mail that CoastaleTech has begun the shipping process (same day - within hours).

I must say that I am looking forward to a plug n' play option as my 2006 now has 34K miles on it since 1/14/06 when I took delivery of it and I've been pinning for a video and reasonable GPS method ever since.

Already have Dremeled a slot into the center front swing forward cup holder for my iPod G5 Dock with the video and grounded audio cable running down through the center console and eventually underneath the front seats with the forthcoming Lock-pick.

It's a tight set-up cause I can just pull the iPod from the leather sleeve, slide the Unlock button and throw it down on the Dock and Bam - a movie on my Prius' screen. I can't wait - now I have to plan a winter road-trip!

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ilusnforc @ Dec 15 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]362834[/snapback]</div>
    The typical Coastal mod are very easy to install without wire cutting. You may tap a wire, but that's generally it. The NAV mod for the 2004-2005 is an item that you unplug two connectors, plug in the mod and plug the remaining connectors into the mod.

10. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    To those who install the units... please advise the following:

1) Does the NAV override get installed under the drivers seat?
    2) Does the BT override/video unit plug in behind the dash?
    3) Do either affect the MPG display (do the tires still turn on the display)?
    4) Does the NAV override affect the GPS dead reckoning?
    5) If either #3 or #4 occur... are they temporary during certain use only?
    6) Is any wire splicing necessary... or does it simply plug in?
    7) How much time did it take for the installation.
    8) Where do the video input jacks get installed?

Thanks in advance.

/Jim

11. patcoghm

patcoghm Junior Member

<div align="left">Just got the Ultimate Lockpic3 w/address entry option. $299.00</div>

Its three 6 X 9 envelopes, two included instructions and one without.

One is the audio cable and video cables to the audio and video.
    The second envelope has a ic board heat shrinked and cable that
    connect to the DVD player but is called "basic lockpic 3" instructions.

The third envelope is a similar ic board heat shrinked with bigger plugs. No
    instructions are included and not sure where they get pluged into. This might be the

plug to the back of the screen,

Each 6 X 9 envelope had no making to indicate what was in side or what to open first.
    Yes what instructions I found have pictures. What I need is a picture of the cables
    layed out and named and where they goas in pug marked A or the blue plug goes
    into the audio plug, etc.

Anyone get this kit yet and what was included. I'm not totally stupid, have some electronics training and built TVs from parts, but the instruction were more complete then what I just got.

Need some help.

12. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flynz4 @ Dec 15 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]362956[/snapback]</div>
    Just received my kit (ordered yesterday) and installed the Nav unit only so far

1) Does the NAV override get installed under the drivers seat? YES
    6) Is any wire splicing necessary... or does it simply plug in? PLUG IN
    7) How much time did it take for the installation. 2 MINUTES

Works like my Honda NAVI (Great), but I still have to hit the "I agree" button (not so bad). In my 5 minute test drive, all the NAVI features worked as if I were standing still.

I'm going to tackle the Bluetooth bypass in the morning, which involves removing the MFD. The instructions seem clear and my guess should take less than an hour - no wire cutting is involved. I'm not sure if I'm going to install the audio/video DVD kit, which invloves removing the radio; I'll see how I feel when I have the dash apart tomorrow.

13. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What I find interesting about this development is that I'm wondering if they have figured out the sequence to hit on the screen to disable the lockout. If I'm not mistaken, the versions for the pre 2006 model essentially sent the proper sequence for unlocking everything to the screen just as if you were going through the process on the MFD yourself.

The description of the 2006 model installation sounds like it could doing the same thing.

Or maybe it's just disconnecting the speed sensor right before it gets into the box under the seat, but if that's the case the Nav might be less accurate when it doesn't have a signal.

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Dec 15 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]363002[/snapback]</div>
    On this thread Vincent says there's a new button to push on the MFD, so it sounds like it isn't a sequence thing like the 2004-2005 type.

15. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Dec 16 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]363106[/snapback]</div>
    No sequence for the Bluetooth bypass and only one button to push for the Navigation bypass.

Also, Kelly from Coastal Tech just called to tell me all of the cables for the audio/video DVD part of the kit get connected to the back of the MFD (I misread the instructions; the radio does not need to be removed). Duhh, I could have easily installed the DVD kit while I was at the back of the MFD.

So, not only was their delivery fast, their support team called me!

16. Doutt It

Doutt It New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Dec 16 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]363114[/snapback]</div>
    Installed my Lockpick III this morning. Everything works as descibed. Can even play my iPod music videos and movies on the screen! Great product.

17. CapeCod

CapeCod New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vincent @ Dec 16 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]363114[/snapback]</div>
    That is awesome, mine is due to arrive on Tuesday. A couple of questions for you:

What type of video input does it have (RCA, S-Video, etc.) ?
    How long did it take you to plug it all in?

Thanks,

CapeCod

18. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another question is does the video use the navigation GVIF connector or does it use the reverse camera coax connection? an easy way to tell is does it plug into the blue connector in the back of the MFD or does it all plug into the the big connector back there? If it all plugged into the big connector do you get the "check surrounding for safety" message on the bottom of the screen? If not could you post detailed pictures of what wires are going where on the back of the MFD and the video device?

19. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Dec 16 2006, 08:17 PM) [snapback]363269[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think it goes through the backup camera, or at least it doesn't display that message if you watch the demo video on the link in the first post. I'm thinking it's probably using the GVIF, does anyone know yet? I'd like to see actual copies of the installation instructions as well as pictures of where the connections are made. Part of wanting to know where the connections are made is to find out if it will interfere with a DICE iPod unit. I still think I'll hold off on this until DICE makes a video iPod unit.

20. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

From what I learned it is possible to turn off the words on the reverse cam by cutting one wire on the back of the MFD. I think the anytime reverse cam is how they are hacking in to the MFD. I don't know what wire that is, but from a good look at the unit, we would be able to figure it out.

I would be shocked to learn it was GVIF because the chips cost so much.