1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastaletech Camera Lockpick

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dwp-wa, Apr 8, 2008.

1. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Today I installed the Coastaletch camera lockpick. I did not break anything, but some of the directions were a little vague. The CRT module did not really want to come out. I installed a 6' male-female RCA extension, so that I will not have to take the dash apart again to install the camera.
    I tested the camera feature using a camcorder. When the camcorder was on, and when the Prius was in reverse, the picture came in just fine.
    Since Coastaletch is out of cameras, I am looking for a comparable license-plate camera that will plug into an RCA female plug. I will likely save money, since the Coastaletech camera is very expensive.

2. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am still investigating cameras. One possibility is the Sanyo CCA-BC200 camera, which can be mounted at many different places, either outside or inside a Prius. This camera come with an ECU unit that can adjust the camera for several kinds of distortion.
    I am considering the cut-out location on the left-side of the license plate for the camera.

3. dwp-wa

dwp-wa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My camera is installed and working. I installed a Boyo metal VTL300 rearview camera. I read too many warnings on the web about problems with cameras made of plastic casings.
    I added a M-F extension RCA cable to reach the left rear. I routed the cable all along the lower left inside of the cabin, not the way shown in the Coastaletch instructions. There are a lot of snap-in panels that have to be removed and reinstalled. I lost one of the clips on for the rear hatch side panel, but the panel seemed to reinstall okay.
    The lockpick does change one thing: the doors all lock immediately, not when the vehicle reaches 15 mph. This is sort of annoying.
    I had to move the license down a bit with a adapter brackets, or else I could not open the rear hatch. Sometimes it takes a second shift into reserse to activate everything. The picture is adequate, just a bit less than a fish-eye view.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Prius_Fan

Prius_Fan New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Camera Lockpick HELP

I have a problem with my camera lockpick - a small circuit fried and I cannot identify it. I am requesting help for this issue to any owner who is kind enough to open his lockpick and post a picture with this IC.
    Coastal is not giving me any tech support, so I will post here pictures only with the purpose of having support...

The circuit may be seen very easy

Attached Files: