1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastal's Auto Door Lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by InTheWASide, Aug 12, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I believe you, I just think that that advice, given in the vague way it was, could be really dangerous for someone who's not as familiar and really don't want to read any horror stories here like....

"Based on Mboileau's advice I jammed a screw driver an my needle nose pliars into my HVECU cable bundle. Now the car won't start and there's smoke coming from the battery compartment. Has anyone else had this, do I need to worry?"

And that's not outside the realm of possiblity. I think your description of what you did and how you did it is fine, not how I'd choose to, but if you know what you're doing and what to be wary of it's acceptible.

I do empathis with the tearing of of the hands thing though... I'm looking down at no less than 9 minor lacerations from my foray with the XM radio install the other night as we speak!!

2. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Hmmm, I didn't cut my hands at all putting in the XM radio. Of course, I chose the "harder" installation method of using a socket wrench to undo four bolts and then pop the MFD out so I could easily get to the back. :wink: