1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastaltech in business?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fairfieldwizard, Jun 9, 2005.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The stuff they have they're good about shipping. They're also good about getting back for tech support on installs and such. It's just the pending products, the out of stock products and pending order customer service that they're terrible about.

I spent a lot of time defending Coastal Dave and Kelly--I've met them, they're great down to earth Prius-loving family people. Dave's clearly a very bright guy who knows his way around hybrids. I just don't think he has good business sense. He does his business on his own terms, gets pissed if anyone complains and does things his own way. It's a hobby for him, a sideline, so consumer pressure doesn't really matter to him.

I think, frankly, that that's a shame and I think he's missing out on a fairly lucrative opportunity. Better marketing and he could have sold hundreds of his various audio and back-up camera and NAV/BT defeat solutions...but he's yet to get those products to market or provide good explainations for the delays.

It's really a shame... hiring a HS kid for 2-3 hours a day to reply to e-mails and he could have maintained a very happy consumer base. Now people order only with trepidation and uncertainty...if they order at all.

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I sent Kelley an email yesterday requesting the status of my NAV order (some here have received shipment notices). She promptly replied today stating the NAV kit was shipping but since I ordered the Bluetooth add-on, she would hold my order utill that part was shipping.

That's OK with me since all I really wanted was the Bluetooth.

In the mean time, I will be interested to hear the reaction of those who actually get the NAV kit installed.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It appears that in addition to finally having the NAV things in stock and shipping that they have also hired a new 'helper'...Paula. I e-mailed to cancel my NAV order from God knows how long ago since I've got the CanView coming and really don't need/want the NAV thing since the Override Easter Egg is available.

Perhaps they'll be able to restore their good name by getting their business up to speed.

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I hope so. I'm thinking about ordering the autolock mod. I love the EV mod. Works like a champ.

5. dreichla

dreichla New Member

The autolock works great as well.