1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CoastETech iPod Kit Soon?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by datavortex, May 11, 2005.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You "think" it does? Shouldn't you know if it does since you sell them? I would not buy something on the notion that we think it does something. Have you looked at the CoastalTech version at this link? It does some very specific things with the MFD and it will work with XM Sat too.

Of course as you say, the AUX-POD is available now and who know when Coastal's will be ready.

2. Armature

Armature New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScubaX\";p=\"97859)</div>
    Over at PriusOnline.com, Dave says it'll be out in "early July".

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Coastal's unit looks good, but if it's not under $200 I'll have to try the unit from Circuit City. Another year until next tax time just won't do...

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Armature\";p=\"97877)</div>
    Over at PriusOnline.com, Dave says it'll be out in "early July".[/b][/quote]

And 6-8 weeks for the Viewtech too. :lol:

5. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah, I THINK cos' it was the weekend and I couldn't verify w/ PAC-AUDIO until now. And you are right that the AUX-POD doesn't allow touch screen control. I have no problem in admitting that you guys know so much about so many things more than I ever do and I am here participating actively so that I can learn. Hey, at least I will reply your emails and give you realistic ETA if you are my customer.

On another note, PAC-AUDIO told me that their AUX-BOX is compatible w/ my '05 Prius w/ JBL + 6-disc in-dash unit (BTW, Peripheral makes the unit for PAC-AUDIO so AUX2CAR = AUX-BOX). But a poster reported sudden shut-down and now even Peripheral admits that the unit is not fully compatible w/ the Prius (w/ JBL).

>> Scroll down to the middle to read mtc1234's post

I wish so badly that the ViewTech 2005 would really be out soon. They told me 3-4 weeks about 3-4 months ago.

6. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Areometer\";p=\"97984)</div>
    I for one appreciate a salesmans honesty. You have a lot of great looking products on your site and add to that you actually respond, puts you head and shoulders above Coastal.

They should put together some out sourcing for both manufacturing and sales.

7. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for your nice words but I can only dream to have Coastal Dave's knowledge & skill in product R&D.

I am also on the waiting list for their VT2005, by the time the unit is out, my credit card may expire already ......