1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coastltech EV kit for sale. (sold)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by benighted, Jan 15, 2006.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

of course, just didn't know what your expectations were after you just said dinner, as if you were dissapointed

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

what do you mean the hard way? I thought there was only one way, there is an easier and harder way?

3. benighted

benighted New Member

Yes, heres a howto for you.

4. driveprius

driveprius New Member

I've had one unsuccessful Coastal EV installation attempt. I admit I was slightly nervous and it was getting cold and I wanted to close everything back up. The symptoms are my Prius still drives like a normal prius with out an EV switch.

The part of the installation that bothered me was the insertion of the pin into hole 27. I keep reading about how important it is to get it all the way in. However, when I tried to push it in harder I seemed to be just mashiing the insulation rather than pushing the pin in further. So I assumed it must be in far enough and put the grey plug back in. My current suspicision is that the pin in hole 27 is not making electrical contact.

I also have wire taps on pin 1 and 13. I think I'm going to go back in with a multi-meter and try to test proper electrical connectivity.

Any advise or tips on the pin in hole 27?

5. benighted

benighted New Member

hmm.. I don't know. It went in the first time for me and made contact, you have to use a small jewelers screw driver and push on the metal part of the pin, push it down far enough that the clip will close. Maybe you have the pin in backwards. If you keep having trouble you may have a damaged pin, just cut off tht pin and get a new one out of the harness in the steering wheel (also in howto). And also with the coastaltech mod you have to hold the cancel switch down for 2 - 5 seconds before it will activate.

If you think you don't have contact you can test it. With the car warmed all the way up and the MFD on any screen besides the batery monitor touch the lead on pin #27 to any ground, if it doesn't work then you don't have proper contact.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    that is by far the toughest part and it does have to be a ways down there. biggest thing, make sure the plug retainer is separated far enough. then take a precision screwdriver that has a tip small enough to fit in the socket and use that to push the pin in

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had to do it three times until I got it in far enough! It is by far the toughest part of the install. Third time I left the dash disassembled and drove the car around until I was sure it worked.

8. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Get an eye glass screwdriver. Using one of those the pin is very easy to insert into the socket.

9. Ferguson

Ferguson New Member

Do you still have it? What does it include?

10. benighted

benighted New Member

I already sold it, sorry :(

11. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

No, he means "I already sold it!" :) :) :)

12. benighted

benighted New Member

Yep, it didn't last very long here.