1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Code C1252 c1256

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vako, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Vako

Vako New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I already replaced abs actuator and skid control ecu, but still have a problem, abs vsc brake lights and beep noise, what can I do now? Code c1252 c1256.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Los and SFO like this.
  3. Larry9876

Larry9876 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello, I’m having the same issue. How did you resolve it?

4. adam Boudili

adam Boudili New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    1252 1256 where the same codes I had. Checked for sensors/ leaks / oil/ brake fluid… everything else that could cause abs problems that’s minor. Ultimately I found a honest mechanic and he changed The ABS CONTROL MODULE AND ABS ACCUMULATOR ! my Prius v 2012 is now perfectly running. No lights, no hard brakes, nothing. You are wasting your time if you don’t get the accumulator and control module because trust me I looked for every single possible way to avoid it. Got both to be installed flr $1800 altogether. I was blessed with such a honest mechanic. Good luck.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is that with the 2012 Prius v mentioned in your profile? I see that you've made this identical post on several threads, some Gen 2 and some Gen 3.

There are some differences between the generations: if you meant a Gen 3, it sounds like your mechanic replaced two assemblies under the hood. In Gen 2, the accumulator is integrated with the actuator. In Gen 3, they're separate assemblies and you don't always need to replace both; sometimes you can diagnose which one is at fault.

Also, there are other possible causes of the codes. If the pump can't run for an electrical reason, for example, there will be too-long-pump-run and low-pressure codes.

So a person wouldn't be wasting time, to go through the recommended diagnostic procedure before going straight to the big-bucks replacement. If the replacement is what's needed, the diagnostic procedure will tell you that. If you want to save time and just bet that way, and you win the bet, that rocks. But it'll suck for the guy who jumps right to the big-bucks fix and it still doesn't work, and then finds out the 5¢ wiring fix takes care of it.

NB when I say "go through the diagnostic procedure", I just mean the steps in the manual for pinning down what's causing the problem. I don't mean the kind of further wishful thinking people sometimes go through before finally getting it fixed.

deanGo and faisalak7 like this.