1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Code issues - should I get them fixed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wyattwichman, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wyattwichman

wyattwichman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2008 Toyota prius, just about to hit 175k miles, and the check engine light came on today. I went to get it diagnosed and this is the codes the repair man gave me. I was able to look into the B codes, it seems it just has to do with the AC (which I have been hearing a sound on passenger side when AC is on that sound like a pump or something) but I don't believe I need to get this fixed for the car to run.
    The other codes I am unsure of, so wondering what they mean and if I need to have them fixed? If so what 'about' is the cost, or should I just get a new car?
    ANY help is appreciated! codes are below

P0101
    C1300
    C2318
    B1421
    B1432
    B1442

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

what kind of code reader? why couldn't the repairman interpret the codes?

3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

I see you’re in Tampa:).

There’s a great place that is Prius friendly near you run by Todd @TampaPrius.com ;).

Might be good to give him a call and get a second opinion(y).

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The main DTC that you need to be concerned about is P0101. That means the mass air flow sensor has a problem. This is located on the engine air cleaner housing. Make sure the wiring harness connector is correctly connected and is not damaged. If the check engine light persists, you can either remove and clean the MAF sensor using MAF cleaner spray, or else replace the MAF sensor.

DTC C2318 is a low voltage fault which the transmission control ECU logged. This means that the 12V battery is marginal.

DTC C1300 means that the skid control ECU has reported an internal error. That may be an artifact caused by the marginal 12V battery. If it persists after being cleared and you have a good 12V battery, the skid control ECU may need to be replaced.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ... and the B1421 just means the sun wasn't shining on the solar sensor at the moment the codes were pulled.

-Chap