1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Code P0A80 with no other codes following

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Calyncutler, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Calyncutler

Calyncutler New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have code P0A80 with no other codes. Usually it is followed by a P30XX but its not. The car runs great and everything is working like the day I bought it.

History: The car HV battery completely died so I repaired my HV battery by replacing a bad module. The car worked GREAT after the repair. Its been about 3 weeks and car is still running like it did when I bought it.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, well done!(y)

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many miles on the car/HV battery?

It probably means your HV battery is getting out of balance, but doesn't have any modules that have moved outside of the parameters to throw a P30xx code. Yet.

You might benefit from a reconditioning regime if you can find a way to loan the equipment to grid charge or have the time to use RC chargers to it one module at a time. But this would be only delaying the inevitable. A new battery is in your near future, when you get sick of the whack-a-mole game.

Calyncutler likes this.
  4. Calyncutler

Calyncutler New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That is true. I didn't balance it. I also didnt clean the nuts and metal pieces of the bus bar with vinegar and the battery fan. They were really corroded. Looks like the new module is 0.2~0.4 difference from the rest of the cell. I do plan on replacing the battery just cant afford it right now. Just bought this car for 5700 cash in February. The car only has 115k miles. Had 102k miles when i bought it. Sucks I'm gonna have to put that nuch money into it.gonna replace the drums, rotors, and pads also. I do everything my self.

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the meantime, doing a reconditioning (as I detailed above) could buy you the time you need.

Calyncutler likes this.