1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Code P261B pump failure but the pump still turns on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by zoeboi954, Jul 29, 2017.

1. zoeboi954

zoeboi954 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Couple of nights ago my engine stop on me. I started up a minute later it turn off on me. This happened 3 times the 4th time it started up and I was able to drive home without it shutting off. The next day i drove around the block to see what will happen, and it did shut off again. I hooked it up to the techstream it read P261B. So I order a new waterpump. when I was removing the old one I decided to test it out before I unplugged. The water pump turn on fine which made me wonder if I was changing the wrong thing.... my thought is since I was able to drive home maybe it only work sometimes... what yall input
    Link to video

Ben Schneider likes this.
  2. zoeboi954

zoeboi954 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I figured out the problem. Does anybody know where I can get a water pump wire harness from... I'm going to call toyota tomorrow to see

Attached Files:

SFO, Prius6058 and Ben Schneider like this.
  3. mjoo

mjoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do you have a junk yard nearby? I'd call around if Toyota can't get you just the connector with wires and terminals attached. Also check eBay, car-part.com, and craigslist.

When soldering into your harness use heatshrink tubing so that the copper doesn't corrode.

Pixel XL ?

4. zoeboi954

zoeboi954 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i pray for the day a prius show up at a junkyard near me... but im checking craiglist now to see if i can find one. i'm thinking about seeing if can get the whole wiring harness so i dont have to solder, but if i do i got plenty of heat shrink and solder just got a crappy soldering iron

5. afradette

afradette Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Godaca LLC has all kinds of connectors. I just ordered my NSS connector from them with pins and WP inserts

SFO and PriFi like this.
  6. Prius_Mat

Prius_Mat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

7. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model: