1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Codes C0205 & C1236

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marc Scott, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Marc Scott

Marc Scott New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    SE
    Hello Group,

Hope all is well with everyone. I am gettting the following codes;

C0205: Left front whell speed sesor signal malfunction
    C1236: Metal stick to speed sensor (FL)

Summary
    New reconditioned hybrid battery
    New auxiliary battery
    Replaced both wheel hub bearings
    Replaced Left front speed sensor 2x with same brand 1x with different brand.

Issue
    No warning lights until I reach speed of 55 mph then warning lights appear.
    When I reach 85 mph (warning lights still on) the speedometer stops working and a brake light appears.
    When
    I come to a complete stop then start to proceed, the speedometer starts working again and then at 29 mph the warning lights turn off.

Your experienced input is greatly appreciated.

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My first thought would be to look at scantool data for the wheel speed sensors while driving. See if the left front is different from the rest.

Other things to look at- are the tires all the same size? Is there any damage to the toothed "tone ring" on the axle shaft for the left front sensor? (either a smushed tooth or a crack in the ring itself).

You should find a copy of the factory service manual for your car and look up the diagnostic procedure for those codes.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.