1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Codes from Techstream- 3000 & 3120

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by C Clay, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since the 12V battery is dead, the engine ECU will revert to its default settings with regards to appropriate air/fuel mixture and ignition timing. If you install a good 12V battery, the engine ECU will be able to store its learnings with regards to those settings so that the engine will run more smoothly.

The reason the engine ECU needs to learn is that over time, an engine may develop a slight air leak (for example, at the oil filler cap, the oil dipstick, or a loose PCV hose) allowing unmetered air into the engine which eventually will end up in the intake manifold given the PCV hoses. Or the fuel injectors may develop slight clogging which has the same net effect. In either instance the air/fuel mixture needs to be made richer to compensate. Or carbon deposits may build up in the combustion chambers which increase the effective compression ratio and require a change in engine ignition timing to compensate.

C Clay likes this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What is the 12V voltage when car is running?

A failed 12V inverter would not have the 13.8-13.9V needed.

Bob Wilson

3. C Clay

C Clay Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not sure, bought a battery though and it wants to still shutter. Can't really drive it yet because one of the brake lines suffered some damage in the tow I think. It's never leaked before but now suddenly won't hold brake fluid and leaks it all out. Now onto a separate issue.

iPhone ?

4. C Clay

C Clay Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  5. AUTO2000

AUTO2000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    how can i read sub codes in techstream i had code p0A94 but there is 17 subcodes or inf codes with it i cannot find the exact code in techstream plz help

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll find the sub-codes or INF codes in the freeze frame data. If there is freeze frame data, there will be a snowflake icon by the DTC. Click on the snowflake to go into the freeze frame view.

7. WHCSC

WHCSC Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having this issue now and tried the above tests. I jacked up the front (both tires off) with car in park and could not budge the crankshaft pulley even with the belt loose and using a big wrench. And then I did the second test by jacking up just the front right and spun the tire. The crank pulley spun. My question is, what does this tell me? Is my problem with MG1 or the ICE?