1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Codes P1A64, P1A67, P1A61, P31AB "Check Hybrid System"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Paul Root, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Dbasra99

Dbasra99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can you do this with techstream and a PC?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's just what was suggested in post #9, only that post made it sound like a "fix", where I would call it more of a stopgap.

3. Dbasra99

Dbasra99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just need a stopgap for now. I noticed that my car scanner labeled the 0293 error as "permanent"....does this mean anything?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ??? your "the 0293 error" seems to be the first mention of any 0293 error by anyone in this thread ???

Also, please include the letter that starts a code. I'm guessing you mean a U0293 that you mentioned in a different thread about zapping your car, but only because I think I remember that.

Post #9 was about overriding a feature that prevents cranking the engine if the hybrid battery is so discharged that trying to crank might ruin it.

So, it's something you might try if:
    • your car won't crank,
    • you know the reason it isn't cranking is the lockout for low traction battery charge, and not some other problem (obviously, that override won't help if something else is the reason the car doesn't crank),
    • you really just need to make maybe one drive to a shop to get the real problem fixed, and
    • you're ok with taking a chance on ruining the traction battery to do that.

5. Dbasra99

Dbasra99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks