1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

codes shortly after HV battery replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JRuss16, Jun 30, 2019.

1. JRuss16

JRuss16 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so i just replaced my HV batt with a new one from Toyota and it was running fine tell about 50 miles then i got three codes p0a1d, u0293, and u0100

i think i will try to reseat the safety plug but other then that i cant seem to find too much

so anyone have any ideas

thanks

on a side note what model would my prius be it is a 04 Package #7

2. JRuss16

JRuss16 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i will add that the gas gauge says it is at one bar when i had 3 or 4 before it stared doing this

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The "U" codes are loss of communication codes.
    The P0A1D has 57? subcodes that are possible, although they all have to do with HV control/wiring. If you have techstream, click on the snowflake icon next to the code to get freezeframe data. It will show the subcode, along with additional information.

Have you lost the radio presets?
    have you lost the driver window auto up and down feature?

Losing 12v power will cause the fuel indicator to go to one flashing bar, lose radio presets and window auto function.

Perhaps you have a loose connection at the 12v battery?

Take a look at ALL the plug-in connections you made in the battery electronics and the 3 plugs that connect the battery to the car harness.

4. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You have a 2004 Prius w/ package 7 options; but can essentially call it a Base Prius w/ package 7 options.
    2004-2006 model year was only available as the Prius.
    2007 model year and later, the Prius was available as a "Base" or "Touring" model.​

#4 exstudent, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019