1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Codes UO126/250 and C1345/501 after actuator replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by PapaWill, Sep 29, 2019.

1. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have replaced my actuator ( '05 with 123k miles) with a known good used one and I get the 2 codes mentioned above: C1345/501 and U0126/350. Screen is lit up with BRAKE light and ABS and VSC and I attempted to clear these using TS... to no avail. Brakes are working fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated, thank YOU! I shall attempt to bleed brakes again.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Are you using Techstream to perform the brake bleeding:whistle:?

There is functionality in Techstream to do the job;).

Good luck and keep us posted (y).

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    C1345 is probably easy, you should check the Gen 2 manual but in Gen 3 it would mean the car wants to learn the new linear solenoid offset, which is to be expected after replacing the actuator. Gen 3 also has a jumper-wire procedure for doing that, in case there isn't a Techstream rig handy. (Again, that link was for Gen 3, it should be double-checked in the Gen 2 repair manual.)

The U code is a different matter; U codes are communication network codes. Have you double-checked all the electrical connections you might have had to disturb during the repair?

4. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just finished with the TS brake bleed process. All went well after 2 or 3 tries... The UO126 code magically disappeared. Now I have C1203 and C1345 with no sub codes. Brakes are great. I tried the reset using TS but it did not seem to do anything... I did replace the skid control ECU a month or so ago (with one from a wreck) after the first actuator I installed did not work well.... I re-installed my original skid ECU nd now I am wondering if that is causing the code? Does the skid ECU need any sort of programming? Thanks for your help everyone!

#4 PapaWill, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  5. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I replaced the skid control ECU again..... Checked codes today and along with VSC light being on constantly, I get the old UO126/350. Brakes work excellent. There is no reference to this code in Alldata, so I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Reasonably sure there is no issue in the harness... Shall I replace steering angle sensor module? I tried to clear code but would not... Thanks in advance!

#5 PapaWill, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If just the U codes, check all connections as they are communication error codes;).

Inspect wiring for signs of damage while you’re at it(y).

7. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You mean connections between the SAS and ? Presumably, it is fused but I see no reference to it in Bentley or AllData or elsewhere...

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    1. Has your "elsewhere" included the Toyota repair manual?

2. Have you made sure you're searching for U0126 (second character zero, not letter O)?

9. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe the second character is a zero. No, I do not have the Toyota repair manual.... Thank YOU again for your help!

10. PapaWill

PapaWill Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    UPDATE: I replaced the steering angle sensor and voila.... the VSC light and code are history! Thanks for thinking this through with me!