1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coilover or lowering springs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Cityhunt3r, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Cityhunt3r

Cityhunt3r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Base
    Looking for coilover or lower spring recommendations. Just bought my prius a few days ago. Would like to have comfortable ride.

Attached Files:

Burna J likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    But what do you mean by comfortable? Lowering a car makes it more comfortable if you drive on twisty roads fast, but the trade off is it will be a less comfortable ride when driving on a straight highway.

And lower profile tires will be far more of a nicer ride on corners at speed than lowering the springs, which is far more problematic, an even rougher ride going straight and less noticeable than lower profile tires in the corners.

3. KamiKKazi

KamiKKazi Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tein Endurapro with tein springs were comfier than my Tein Flex Z. But I prefer the flex Z for my driving style and looks of a low car. I tried the RSR Super Down Low Springs on the teins oem style struts and the ride was terrible. I should say I never tried the rsr down springs on the kyb shocks but I don’t think they would be comfy. The rsr down is just not stuff enough to be comfortable. Too soft. My back would hurt with the rsr setup but no pain with either of the full tein setups.

I would want to try KYB struts with H&R springs as I think that would make a comfrtable lowered ride.

Attached Files:

#3 KamiKKazi, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    PriusCamper likes this.
  4. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    For a decent drop and still be a comfortable ride, I would recommend the TRD Springs. They work well with the stock shocks.

I had this setup and regret spending more money on a Coilover kit.

ockevin likes this.
  5. Matth Torrijos

Matth Torrijos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Try to avoid megan, mine blew out around. 80k

6. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I second this. I have the TRD springs and the ride is good. A little firmer but handles much better. I have the Prius with the Plus performance package that includes the sway bars. This is my second one and I enjoy it.

Attached Files:

Matth Torrijos likes this.