1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Coilovers advice needed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by M One, Dec 20, 2020.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's plenty of instances where OEM is lower quality than non-OEM replacement parts and the older the vehicle gets the more often that proves to be true. And everything breaks eventually... The smarts are in your ability to decide on need for higher quality vs price... Mass production of cars cuts corners with lower quality at every possible step if they can get away with it, that's where upgrades are worth it.

2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There are plenty of people on Priuschat with modded Prius, and I am one of them. 2 inch drop is doable, but is will depend what body kit or lip your running. The front lips are ussally the part that gets taken out. Many modified Prius are on Air ride suspension as well which solves the issue of scraping. I am very careful when I drive and have not done anything to my car.

Burna J and M One like this.
  3. ef2fodo

ef2fodo New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I been seen this a lot people talking how they're scraping on stock suspension I am like how this people must drive reckless. I have never scrape I do want to lower my car. but I come from always having lower cars & just driving careful going into drive ways side cornering the car things like that. idk