1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cold Air , Drivers Foot well

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by m jones, May 21, 2018.

1. m jones

m jones New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Would someone please help ,
    How do i explain to a Toyota main dealership , that i want to turn off the air entering drivers footwell ?
    I have an on-going issue of cold air @ my feet , please help !
    Has anyone experienced a similar problem , and resolved it ?

Re Prius Repair manual , 01-30 ,how is this carried out by Dealer ?
    "Foot Air Leak " ........ "Off "position
    Could this solve the issue ?

The car is a second hand ,imported from Japan ,Gen 3, year 2014

I'm living in Dublin Ireland , Can anyone recommend a Toyota Dealer , who would be capable of sorting out this problem ?

#1 m jones, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if yo press the airflow button to the face only, and too much is still coming to the floor, perhaps the vent door is stuck.
    alternatively, i have shoved plastic wrapped foam into the outlets in winter, because i drive with no heat.

you may want to add ireland to your title so most people will spot it.

m jones likes this.
  3. m jones

m jones New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Re Cold air draft drivers footwell
    I've had the car checked by 2 Toyota Main Dealers , both have checked through Diagnostics , that all vents and controls are working normally and correct ,
    The problem,happens particularly, when car is turning left , also to mention , the car is a a second hand, import from Japan
    Would this vehicle have some facility to have some separate vent to give extra ventilation for warmer climates ,I live in Dublin Ireland
    I've discovered recently ,that the windshield , is not original , could a poor bond , be the issue ?
    Also noticed , when "POWER MODE used , the draft is still present , but not as cold
    Any advice , would be appreciated

4. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are a few rubber grommets to block holes where wires go through, maybe one is them is off.
    Sounds like the car has had some work done to it maybe they ran a wire through the firewall for some reason
    and didn't replace the grommet. Or a vent hose got pulled off. What else as done when they replaced the windshield???
    You said it's worst when turning left. When the wheel is turned it's directing the air through the engine compartment,
    providing more air directed toward the firewall. If a grommet is missing, air will come in through there.

5. Eric Reichenbach

Eric Reichenbach New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

6. Eric Reichenbach

Eric Reichenbach New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hello,
    Has anyone addressed this problem recently? Winter is here and it is really irritating. The dealer says the option does not appear in my software, although he first said that he never heard of the option ;)
    The vent flaps are all working; there are no holes in the firewall; the inside/pollen filter door is secure and not leaking.
    The biggest problem is that I cannot drive, and look up under the dashboard to see where the cold air is coming from.
    Any info about this? It seems to be a common but ignored problem.