1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

College Student Jailed For Two Days

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Feb 1 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]384150[/snapback]</div>
    i don't doubt it one bit... but i think it's a real shame. no matter what you do for a living, if you do something that wrong on the job it should not be *that* difficult to get fired.

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Feb 2 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]384390[/snapback]</div>
    Having been in charge of a small jail in the early 90's, these stories ring true. It can be chaos in the booking room and people make mistakes. Pinto, this is why you cannot fire people for mistakes. The problem is, we have taken mistakes and put them into the realm of deliberate misconduct. Now, EVERYTHING is just a "mistake".

In this case, given what I have seen so far, the only real change is the policy to arrest someone for such an old warrant after they were raped. There are options...confirm her address and find a responsible party to take her in...call the judge to get the warrant converted to a summons (in Ohio, an officer can convert any misdemeanor warrant into a summons on the spot and I did that numerous times).

Just remember though, should a person with a warrant be released, then go on to commit another crime or "escape", who gets yelled at. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Final point....just a thought...given the extreme liklihood of ANY "scene" decision made by an officer to go "south" under the right conditions....we need to be less critical of them. Remember again, MOST issues involving citizens/police would never occur if the citizen did not do something wrong in the first place. The officer did not have the woman steal a car 3 yrs ago. Lifestyle choices are the biggest cause of anyone's current predicament.